Radiator woes

Keep in there's but 1 core in a radiator, but it can have 1-4 (maybe more) rows in it. And 3 rows won't necessarily cool better than 1 row. In fact the first TJs came with a 2-row radiator but it was soon replaced by the factory with a 1 row radiator with better cooling traits. All TJ radiators came with 1 row all aluminum cores after that, and so far no one has found a good replacement that cools as well or has the same quality and longevity.

oem would be the one to get if available. a one row with larger tube will out cool most two and three row ones.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
It has been said a few times around here and on other forums that it is very difficult to find an all aluminum radiator that wont crack after some time because of how it's mounted in a Jeep. I know at least one person has tried allot with very deep pockets and never was happy with anything available. I'm not going to go to a silly extreme but simply keep an eye out for cracks, there are a few pictures posted that show where they commonly fail. I don't run one so I don't know the details.