Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

Bald Eagle with Kokanee at Lake Coeur d'Alene, in Coeur d'Alene, ID.

_nc_ohc=Bd5dQchXwHUAX94fuom&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

This is the 5th or 6th time someone has crashed into this house, or the one to the left of it, in the last 5 years or so. The porch on this house was taken out by a school bus full of grade schoolers on its way to hitting the house to the left of it a few years ago. I was right behind that one and those kids were terrified. This one today looks like it launched high enough that it hit the roof. It’s a 45 mph zone.

And, three houses up to the left has been crashed into twice and the two houses across the street from this one have been crashed into once each. It’s like some kind of Bermuda Triangle over here.

89DB1AF5-8983-4D14-A432-FB8FE5A21A71.jpeg

5793F898-61F0-43FF-91BD-F284FC32FF9D.jpeg

Last edited:
The first one I knew about, an elderly guy who works for the city, and driving a city maintenance truck, had a medical issue. A 2 year old in the house got minor injury’s in that one. I never heard any reasons why on all the others. 1 year later, the school bus incident; same house, different family. A year or so later a third family had two separate incidents hitting the house.

All were during dry conditions. Most in the day, a couple at night. Peraonally, I think people are driving too fast and misjudge the turn. Possibly distracted by a phone or something too, or alcohol/drugs.

This is the 5th or 6th time someone has crashed into this house, or the one to the left of it, in the last 5 years or so. The porch on this house was taken out by a school bus full of grade schoolers on its way to hitting the house to the left of it a few years ago. I was right behind that one and those kids were terrified. This one today looks like it launched high enough that it hit the roof. It’s a 45 mph zone.

And, three houses up to the left has been crashed into twice and the two houses across the street from this one have been crashed into once each. It’s like some kind of Bermuda Triangle over here.

View attachment 385145

View attachment 385146

My parents house is on a corner. Not as bad as this, but we had two cars parked on the curb. One lady managed to hit both cars, front half of one, back half of the other. Got her car so wedged a tow truck had to separate it.

A few years later, someone did a hit and run, my sister's car that time.

Back in '79 through '81 I lived in this house (originally an old school that was built in the 1800s) that was right below a 3 way corner in Danville, IL.
1671498204647.png

The house just below us got hit or almost hit at least once every winter.
1671498332143.png

The litte retaining wall had to be rebuilt every time a car slid off of it..
1671498408948.png

This shows the intersection. although it would seem the old house we lived in is now gone. Green circle in where our house was, and the red circle is where the house that got hit used to sit. looks like it got some new construction too.
1671498641997.png

A photo of my rustic back yard after the storm yesterday (Dec 23). Went from no snow to this in less than 24 hours. Areas along the east side of Lake Huron are still getting pounded. Glad I don't require the outhouse !

View attachment 386613

Looks like post card. Beautiful!