Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

snow-and-ice.jpg

You think it snows up here? This is the back side of the lodge at Longmire on the way to Mount Rainier in WA state a few years back, but it is a normal amount each year. Your seeing the second story window!

85718D77-1958-47BD-A1E2-D10EDC569800.jpeg
This was a tornado a couple years back that was 1.5 miles north of us. We watched from the pool.

F8ACB0C0-0A29-4348-982F-C8429A3FF1FB.jpeg

Hot air balloon in Napa above the fog layer in the distance

FFF719B6-18F3-41C9-82F2-6EB4F819FAB1.jpeg

This was at the bottom of the Grand Canyon in Phantom Ranch.

Reactions: Shatto and MikeM
Saw this at Louis Armstrong airport in NOLA. We were there a few weeks ago. It was a display advertising the WWII Museum which was very cool.
View attachment 30998
When I was 9 years old, my Dad had one. Took me out in the field, put it in low range and said "there you go" and got out of it. I drove that thing all around. First time driving on my own. Loved that thing! When I got out of the service, I bought one.

I went to Lake Havasu this last weekend, There was a vintage trailer show. We have never been to Lake Havasu before. We drove on the old London Bridge and walked around the park. Here are some pics from the show:

Beautiful little airstream:
IMG-0079.JPG

This is an old Vette towing a tear drop trailer.
IMG-0088.JPG

And lastly and older trailer with a cool mural:

IMG-0092.JPG

I went to Lake Havasu this last weekend, There was a vintage trailer show. We have never been to Lake Havasu before. We drove on the old London Bridge and walked around the park. Here are some pics from the show:

Beautiful little airstream:
View attachment 31057

This is an old Vette towing a tear drop trailer.
View attachment 31058

And lastly and older trailer with a cool mural:

View attachment 31059
We were in Quartzsite last weekend and almost went up to Lake Havasu to go across the London bridge on Saturday, but our plans changed.

We were in Quartzsite last weekend and almost went up to Lake Havasu to go across the London bridge on Saturday, but our plans changed.

Ya I have never been there before it was way cooler than I thought it was gong to be. Last year we actually went to London and walked on the now London bridge, so we had to go to the old one too. Honestly they don't look much different. We missed the museum though.

It was a good weekend. I did notice there are a ton of nice TJ's there. I mean I could probably count on one hand how many JK's I saw, but I we didn't have enough digits to count how many TJ's so that was pretty cool too.

The lake is pretty amazing. I grew up in the Northwest so I have seem my fair share of nice lakes, and so far from all I have seen in Arizona, this was the best.

If you go to the state park though, they charge 20 bucks to park your car. There are plenty of other places you can park for free. It happened that the vintage trailer show was on the state park, and if you were going to that it was only a 3 dollar fee. We probably pay less taxes then Cali but if you want to go to the parks they gouge you in AZ. If you do ever decide to go to Havasu, get a motel/hotel on the lake so you don't have to worry about parking.

Usually though I have been finding if you don't go to the state park at lakes in AZ, you can usually 4 wheel around the back side of the lake for free.

From a Jalopnik article in 2015. I thought it was "different"... :)
CJ-10 (1981-1985)
1381190567322471784.png
Advertisement
Oh, the ugly duckling. The Jeep CJ-10 was based on the glorious Jeep J10 pickup. It was sold mostly to international markets, especially to Australia, where it was called the “1 Tonner.” Its fender-mounted square headlights and strange ten-slot grille made it among the least aesthetically pleasing Jeeps ever built. But who cares? You could get it with a soft top! Yes, folks, a convertible pickup truck. There is a car god.​
CJ-10s came with either a 4.2L AMC inline 6 (the grandfather of the legendary 4 liter), a 2.5L AMC 4-pot, or a 3.2L Nissan-built diesel. Transmission options were taken from the J truck line: either a 4 speed manual or a 3 speed auto were available.​
There was also a version of the CJ-10 called the CJ-10A. Only about 2,000 were built, but these Mexican-built aircraft tugs served duty in the U.S. airforce in the mid 1980s. It was a funny looking little Jeep- have a look below.​
Advertisement
1381190567417729384.png

Photo Credit: John Lloyd, 4everdiesel