Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

This chassis isn't the most disgusting one I've seen by any means, but its the most disgusting one I've seen in many years...
DSC02976.JPG

Emptied an almost empty can of electronic cleaner onto it - then grabbed a full can. The full can wasn't electronic cleaner like I thought it was, it was *electrical* cleaner - full of Methyl-Ethyl bad stuff. Thank Goddess I did this outside. Emptied the entire can!
DSC02977.jpg

Now at least I can touch the damn thing, I'm pretty sure there was something living in it. Not sure what I'm going to do about the rust - maybe convert it and paint the whole chassis. Blech...

This is the radio:

DSC02366 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Can you get all the tubes to make it go again? Everything else should be easy enough to replace if needed.

3 of the tubes are fine, a fourth one - 50C5 audio output is "ok", but the 12AT6 detector is completely dead - and I mean DEAD. Very rare to see a tube that won't emit *something*. In any event, a new one is on order. I already have all the new capacitors I'll need.

Reactions: Cheesy
You can take a crack at these when you finish with the Arvin.
j3AbZJQl.jpg

The 1935 and 1936 Philcos have almost 90 years of dust in them.

• Love
Reactions: Zorba
I inherited a cute little Kodak point and shoot digital camera from my late father, who bought it in 1999. 2 Mega pixel - it took pretty darn good pictures which were fine for web pages as long as you didn't need to crop too much. Much to my sorrow, it died the other day - I think the shutter stuck from non-use as I hadn't used it in a couple of years. Another link to my father gone - but then my wife came up with an idea: Put it on my parent's shrine/altar. Great, so I did:

DSC00058.JPG

Which is part of this:

DSC00059.jpg

And my wife's parents have their own shrine/altar:

DSC00060.jpg

Some fcukwit has been poaching deer in my 'hood.
3s8ZD24l.jpg

When I first saw these this morning, I remembered the local coyotes were going nuts a couple of nights ago. Then my brain kicked in. Coyotes wouldn't have left these behind and, no matter how skilled the 'yote, they can't make straight saw cuts. Reported to the DNR.