Random photos: Got anything interesting, unique, strange?

IMG_0112.JPG
The Breakers, Newport RI.

I live on a part of the old Fort Ord, just East of Marina. There are so many cool old buildings here. There is an old bunker and firing range about 1/4 mile from my house. This is a picture taken from my yard July 2017. The Army Corp of Engineers performs controlled burns on portions of the old fort in order to go through with side bar sonar to find unexploded ordinance. This fire was in an area called Machine Gun Flats. All of the wooded area in the picture is part of the Fort Ord National Monument.

Fonz
Ran a freight terminal in Salinas in the early seventies went the the base many times with paper work lots of interesting places there and the surrounding areas!

Reactions: Shatto
I live on a part of the old Fort Ord, just East of Marina. There are so many cool old buildings here. There is an old bunker and firing range about 1/4 mile from my house. This is a picture taken from my yard July 2017. The Army Corp of Engineers performs controlled burns on portions of the old fort in order to go through with side bar sonar to find unexploded ordinance. This fire was in an area called Machine Gun Flats. All of the wooded area in the picture is part of the Fort Ord National Monument.

Fonz
I remember when Ft. Ord was decommissioned . Spent time visiting there when it was active while I was serving in the USAF at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey just across the bay.
Beautiful area to live! Should plan another vacation there.....

Reactions: Shatto
No, that wasn't mine.

But it sounds like you know about the MK23 then... I wasn't sure. I've read all the tests that HK had to put these things through to win the contract with SOCOM, it's insane. It may just be the most rugged handgun out there. Like I said, it's the AK of handguns. It's also very, very accurate. I was impressed at how accurate it is actually.

The only downfall as you know is that they're quite big. Like I said though, not a defensive handgun at all, this thing is an offensive handgun 100%.

Such a beautiful handgun! I'd love to own one, but not in my current budget!

Reactions: Chris
Is this 99 cents?
20180630_114559.jpg

This day I took my brother out kayaking and a sea lion pup jumped on his kayak on the way in to the harbor. It appeared lethargic but was hungry so we fed him squid.
20180630_114113.jpg

10207836836832912.jpg

My first lobster 4 years ago when I got my first kayak.
10202205648536724.jpg

Usually I'm out fishing early when it's still dark. This means I get to enjoy the sunrise with a line in the water :)
10206312345721587.jpg

Is this 99 cents?View attachment 45929

This day I took my brother out kayaking and a sea lion pup jumped on his kayak on the way in to the harbor. It appeared lethargic but was hungry so we fed him squid. View attachment 45930
View attachment 45933

My first lobster 4 years ago when I got my first kayak.
View attachment 45931

Usually I'm out fishing early when it's still dark. This means I get to enjoy the sunrise with a line in the water :)
View attachment 45932
Just hitting the like button wasn't enough for me so...... LIKE!!!

Reactions: GTboosted