Rear fog lamp switch not working?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
What does that mean?
Yes, the one I have is a momentary switch. So you're telling me that the front fog lamp switch (from the ebay link), which looks the same on the outside, is not a momentary switch? i.e. works like the rear wiper switch and latches itself in the ON position after you push it?

Push on, flip up for off vs push on
Yes, the one I have is a momentary switch. So you're telling me that the front fog lamp switch (from the ebay link), which looks the same on the outside, is not a momentary switch? i.e. works like the rear wiper switch and latches itself in the ON position after you push it?

Yes, exactly.

It's a US spec vs the Euro spec and needing the "smart" (latching) relay.
I have a switch that you could have, but it says "zombie lights" on it. Would that pass inspection? Does your inspector have a sense of humor (or is it humour)? I could drop it in the post forthwith.

Yes, exactly.

I have a switch that you could have, but it says "zombie lights" on it. Would that pass inspection? Does your inspector have a sense of humor (or is it humour)? I could drop it in the post forthwith.
Thanks mate but I checked with the MOT station and the Fog lamp indicator needs to have the symbol on it. I guess I'll just buy the green relay and wire it like the factory....

Thanks again for all your help!

Yes, exactly.

Hi mate,

Just want to update you to let you know that it is finally working now that I got that green relay. Still, thank you for trying to help!

Hopefully this thread will be of use to other non-US Jeep fans that need to install a rear fog lamp using the original rear fog lamp switch.

Reactions: zebra12
Great news.
How much did that damned thing cost?
Only 20 GBP which is roughly 25USD I think. They were used on Cherokees as well so availability shouldn't be a big issue. I found another one for sale in France for 6 EUR, which I'm gonna get to keep as a spare.