Recommendations for 3D Printer? (Speaker Pods)

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have never 3D printed anything. I'd like a set of these.

Anyone have recommendations of how to upload these files to some company and have them deliver to my door?

Or, do any of YOU have 3D printers, and enjoy sharing the love with your fellow forum members?

A guy I work with had someone print these out for him. He had some interference issues with them, but I am the CAD guy there, so I fixed him a model to work around the issue. His is I believe an '04, but since you have a '97 the original files may work for you. I don't know fi you want to spend real money on this but there is a company in Greenville called TPM that can print these for you. Just ask for a quote of ABS using FDM process. I don't have a printer handy otherwise I would print you a set.

I have never 3D printed anything. I'd like a set of these.

Anyone have recommendations of how to upload these files to some company and have them deliver to my door?

Or, do any of YOU have 3D printers, and enjoy sharing the love with your fellow forum members?
All you need are the STL files and then upload them to a 3D printing website in the quote section. All you need is ABS and FDM is as accurate as you need for something like this. Other websites other than TPM (which I mentioned above) are 3D Hubs, Protolabs (can be pricey) and others. One issue is that some of these companies charge based on print lot, so they may ask you to up quantity to make the print "worth their time" i.e. printer time.

Reactions: SSTJ
I have about 27 3D printer here but no I can't print anything on them :oops:
Try Protolabs or Xometry. Both offer quick & cheap 3D prints. Unmatched turn around time.
Might want to call them and see the best fit for your application. I have printed many things with both over the years and are very helpful.

You can buy almost the same thing for less than $10 on ebay...
1636060487229.png

I don't know.
It's only plastic, seems like it could be modified pretty easily.
Just pointing out that most things are already out there.

A guy I work with had someone print these out for him. He had some interference issues with them, but I am the CAD guy there, so I fixed him a model to work around the issue. His is I believe an '04, but since you have a '97 the original files may work for you. I don't know fi you want to spend real money on this but there is a company in Greenville called TPM that can print these for you. Just ask for a quote of ABS using FDM process. I don't have a printer handy otherwise I would print you a set.

Nice, thanks, I can look into TPM.

Are there any know interference issues with this and a '97 model year like OP has? Title says '00-'06

Well, turns out that was a good question. I asked that eBay seller and he said that they will only fit 00–06. Apparently there is something different about the 97–99s. Anyone know of any speaker pods that work for 97–99?

Or, maybe this is where I take a queue from @WestCoastDan and find some adapters and baffles. But now I'm wondering which adapters will work on a 97–99 ...

Your dash frame probably looks like this?

A guess...but I think they removed/modified it in later models because the "7-speaker" stereo became available that has the oem Infinity box enclosure in the dash.

624B32A1-A7F5-47C0-AD88-7CBEB577A15E.png