Recommendations for coil packs / tune-up parts

Hey, thank you so much for that information! Already read it. Been reading threads here and there as much as I can and it seems Bosch is not the best for TJ's in general or at least that's what I get from all this feedback. Wonder if injectors and fuel pumps from them are not recommended either?

Don't use Bosch O2 sensors, they don't work well for long in our jeep engines!! Stick with NTK O2 sensors.

And Duralast from Autozone is the cheapest of cheap store brands, don't use store brands for critical components. If you can't afford Mopar at least go for one of the better brands. Hitachi claims says they are the OEM for the coil rail so they would be my next choice. NGK or Delphi would be my next choices at https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2004,wrangler,4.0l+l6,1425901,ignition,ignition+coil,7060

Reactions: DER52
Don't use Bosch O2 sensors, they don't work well for long in our jeep engines!! Stick with NTK O2 sensors.

And Duralast from Autozone is the cheapest of cheap store brands, don't use store brands for critical components. If you can't afford Mopar at least go for one of the better brands. Hitachi claims says they are the OEM for the coil rail so they would be my next choice. NGK or Delphi would be my next choices at https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/jeep,2004,wrangler,4.0l+l6,1425901,ignition,ignition+coil,7060

Hey Jerry,

I absolutely can get the mopar, but sometimes people would say "It's just a waste of money you are dumb yadda yadda" so I rather ask first to people who are knowledgeable on the topic. Last thing I completely changed was the cooling system, radiator, condenser, thermostat, etc. and they were from mopar, I think I only got the hoses from Amazon but they had like thousands of (good) reviews.

I will be upgrading the mentioned parts during the year, I think I'll start with the Mopar coil rail and the Autolite XP985 spark plugs as they seem to be a favorite and then the rest, don't really want to take the Jeep to the shop anymore unless I need to re-gear or do something more complex 😅

Thank you!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

BTW, are the NTK the same manufactured by Mopar? My local mopar dealer has them but they are like twice the price of the NTK in Amazon.

I have had excellent results using E3 sparkplugs in everything from log splitters to tractors to trucks.
I'm planning on trying them out on my 06 TJR this summer. Does anyone have experience using these in the 4.0 engine? Or am I going to be the first?
i wouldnt unless u either tune it or something cause my pops did that and we got stranded in the woods over 100 miles from our house cause the ecm took a shit the auto eletric guy told us he would advise against using anything but autolite ngk or champion like some saif above this is a 2006 with wasted spark. wish u all the best

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Jerry is right-on, any mechanic will tell you that certain Champion plugs will tolerate more compression than most any other plug ever made... A 12Y was the ONLY plug that would stay in my high comp shovelhead Harley, and it would outlast ANY other plugs, by FAR, I ever tried, and I tried them all... So, anyone, claiming to be an expert, that says Champions suck, just doesn't havr ANY real-life mechanical experience.. I've been a shop owning mechanic for over 40 years... Folks that are "fooled" by the snake-oil plugs really do show their lack of real life experience......

Reactions: Zorba