Recommended LED Light Bars?

TJDave

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone have any suggestions on good LED light bars? There's so many friggn' brands out there that I haven't even a clue which ones are good and which ones aren't.

I just bought an LED Light bar a couple days ago. It should be shipped to me in about a week or so. I went with a 52" Spot/Flood combo. It has Epistar LED's, 300W, and it throws out 30,000 Lumens. Once I get it and test it Ill post pictures and a link to where I got it on ebay. I just don't want to post a link yet because if its a waste of money and I have to return it I don't want you to have the same problems. I think I paid $140 CAD and it came with free shipping aswell. I looked for one with a high amount of Lumens and I heard Epistar and Cree were good. So I decided to go with this one. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Chris
There's so many options it really is confusing. I think someone more knowledgeable on the subject should start a sticky thread that explains the whole spot/flood thing, lumens, etc.

Do light bars cause a glare on windshield or are the windshields vertical enough not to be an issue? The reason I'm asking is my daughter said she has a friend with a Tacoma and they have glare problems. I said it may not be the case with jeeps due to the angle of windshield. Whether I'm right or not she looked at me like I knew what I was talking about! LOL

Well I don't believe so but I will confirm it with you when I get my new LED bar because the 52" I got didn't end up fitting so I have to send it back and get a 50" one. It should come in a week or so. Ill let you know what happens!

I would recommend the Philips Light bar, after all the reviews I watched on Youtube. Thats the one i am buying. make sure you get the one with Fish eye optic lens. They really magnify the light.