Colorado Red Cone Run August 30, 2020

I had seen this video a while ago of recovery of a rolled over jeep on that hill ... your post just reminded me of it.
Yeah, that's one I had in mind too. I wouldn't want to drive a wide JK up that hill. That's part of the reason I wanted to get an LJ rather than a JKU. This was a shot from my XJ following my friend's WJ up Radical Hill a few years ago, approaching a tight spot.

DSC04729.JPG

The first 4-wheeling trip I ever did was in my friend's TJ that I posted a picture of in my build thread. We came down Handcart, and he told me about the first time he ran it there was an Explorer at the bottom that had rolled down and killed the driver. He had the doors off and told me to unbuckle my seat belt, and if the Jeep started to roll I should jump out. I was like, "this guy is nuts!!" :LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: psrivats
Nice video. Typically how fast do you drive on these kind of trails?

Depends on the surface. A lot of the way up on this one was uneventful. GAIA reports my average on this trail as 8.1mph. However it was 3.1 at Spring Creek last week which is a trail with a decent amount of technical stuff on it.

Reactions: psrivats
Nice video. Typically how fast do you drive on these kind of trails?

Watching that back, it does look like we went really fast - I must have messed up the frame rates. I shot in 30FPS and thought setting the profile to 24FPS (what people are typically used to) would just work - but it looks rather rapid. I still need to learn about how all this stuff works together vs my expectations of what the editing software does.

Watching that back, it does look like we went really fast - I must have messed up the frame rates. I shot in 30FPS and thought setting the profile to 24FPS (what people are typically used to) would just work - but it looks rather rapid. I still need to learn about how all this stuff works together vs my expectations of what the editing software does.

Nah, I was just asking out of curiosity. I really enjoyed that video man.

Reactions: rasband
He was taking corners like a dirt track racer, turn left to go right and such. I think I saw both of his inside wheels leave the dirt at least once. Strap in and hold on...

😂

I remember running that one a few years ago and there really isn't a decent place to stop other than the top . Great video, sad to see all the off trail tracks in areas.

Cool video! I'm curious as to what mount you are running the camera on. The Jeep looks to rock side to side, but for the most part the camera stays steady. BTW, you Colorado guys have some really nice trails!

Cool video! I'm curious as to what mount you are running the camera on. The Jeep looks to rock side to side, but for the most part the camera stays steady. BTW, you Colorado guys have some really nice trails!

The GoPro Hero7 and 8 have stabilization built in, so it’s nothing special (you used to need a gimbal).

I’m working on improving shots but for that video there’s the drone and then this:

image.jpg

For anyone interested, I don’t run a battery in this set up (they don’t last very long) and plug in to power directly. It’s best to remove the battery entirely otherwise the GoPro will overheat.

Thanks man. I didn't realize the GoPro stabilization was so noticeable. Guess it's time to upgrade my Hero3. :ROFLMAO:

A lot of people are still on the hero 4 black with a gimbal, but I don’t want to deal with more batteries and such.