Relocated GPS best mod ever!

I use a lot of these mounts in our work vehicles. They are solid and configurable once you get your head around them. I have one mount in an Expedition that doubles as a radio head holder and a magnetic phone holder. Just swap out per your needs.

https://www.lidomounts.com/homepage.html

@Jerry Bransford had the internet 10 years before it came the rest of the world.

Imagine if you lost your GPS and needed GPS to find it. What do you put in Sta-bil to keep it from going bad? Why didn’t Barry Manilow actually write “I write the songs”.

I really want to know. These things keep me up at night. Do black skin divers wear white suits?

Why do we park in the driveway and drive on the park way.

I think I’m going crazy.
You're not crazy at all. I'm still wondering, how do you know when sour cream goes bad? Does it smell sweet? :unsure: Nobody ever solved the age old question of "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know. Damn wise old owl my ass!

You're not crazy at all. I'm still wondering, how do you know when sour cream goes bad? Does it smell sweet? :unsure: Nobody ever solved the age old question of "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know. Damn wise old owl my ass!
Here is the tootsie pop formula...

(X^2+(L×H)*tb))*F))) / surface area of tootsie pop = RL

X =surface area of tongue
L= length of taste bud
H= height of taste bud
Tb = total number of taste buds
F= frequency of licks per minute
Rl= requured number of licks

There is a variable here... and that is the technique utilized.

Is there a sucking action after each lick? If so.. multiply RL by X.
Also... is the tootsie pop twirled per lick? If so... multiply RL by number of twirls.

Humidity, elevation, angle of approach, and psi per lick are not accounted for

Actually, I was using GPS before most folks had ever heard of one. Back in the days of single channel Magellans - when we upgraded to a 5 channel, we were cooking with gas, I'll tell ya! These were just GPS engines with a serial interface.
Magellan was my first GPS brand too, it was designed for pilots and it was so big and heavy it was meant to be strapped to your leg. It took something like 4 or maybe 6 D-cell batteries. Took forever to boot up and find enough satellites to work but it was a godsend for marginal navigators like me lol.

Last edited:
Magellan was my first GPS brand too, it was designed for pilots and it was so big and heavy it was meant to be strapped to your leg. It took something like 4 or maybe 6 D-cell batteries. Took forever to boot up and find enough satellites to work but it was a godsend for marginal navigators like me lol.
I remember seeing one of those once - the ones we used were "engines" that we built into our equipment. Slow and power hungry.

The upper mount was far more involved, The lower was a piece of formed Kydex with velcro strips attached, maybe 2.5 mins and $4 worth of material. The main problem was heat, the ipad has a shut down function when it gets hot. The upper was R&D on the CNC machine.

View attachment 249023

View attachment 249024

I rarely use a CB, so I did a all in one, mics mount in the center console

View attachment 249025

View attachment 249026
How does the iPad fit on the upper mount?

I may have to rethink my solution to mounting a tablet (8" TabA with Gaia, which I really like), I was going to make a cross-dash mounting bar.

Of the relocation bracket. Looks like a good place to mount a gia or garmen device
99.jpg
98.jpg
9a.jpg

I just finished relocating my GPS between the Sun Visors above the mirror. I feel it is the best mod I have made for overall driving. Does away with the sun washout of the screen and having it in the way whenever I was reaching for my sunglasses etc. I have to give credit to - ZORBA - I saw that he made the mod and had pics of the procedure, it was very easy and straight forward. GREAT results, thanks ZORBA.

I like it. I had a similar idea, and placed my iPhone mount in that location. That's my GPS.

Reactions: WSS and Mac
I have the same trim piece to deal with...... after I converted an old style w/s frame to accept the newer style trim🤦‍♂️
I’m going to look into mounting the ram ball on the frame itself and , using a spacer, have it pop through a hole in the trim.
It should be able to support more weight that way.