Replacing the interior lights of your Jeep Wrangler TJ with LEDs

My problem was that the led wouldn't fit into the white plastic piece. Before you buy another. Have you tried fitting it into the socket in the white plastic piece?
I tried but it wouldn't fit so I read a comment where someone said they had to file it down a little. After I did that I got it to go in so I took it out, plugged it into the connector and then tried getting it back into the white socket and that's when I heard the pop. I'll just order another and file it down more next time lol

I tried but it wouldn't fit so I read a comment where someone said they had to file it down a little. After I did that I got it to go in so I took it out, plugged it into the connector and then tried getting it back into the white socket and that's when I heard the pop. I'll just order another and file it down more next time lol
I measured the stock bulb then went on Amazon hunting a led bulb with the same measurements and this is what I bought. It fits and is bright enough for the shifter
Anourney 12PCS T10 194 168 2825 W5W 3SMD LED Bulbs, 194 Led Bulbs 6000k White 3030 Chipsets Used for Dome Light, Map Light, Door Courtesy Light, License Plate Lights, Trunk Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DB7W78P/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: THEREALJIM
I measured the stock bulb then went on Amazon hunting a led bulb with the same measurements and this is what I bought. It fits and is bright enough for the shifter
Anourney 12PCS T10 194 168 2825 W5W 3SMD LED Bulbs, 194 Led Bulbs 6000k White 3030 Chipsets Used for Dome Light, Map Light, Door Courtesy Light, License Plate Lights, Trunk Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DB7W78P/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Hell yeah thanks! Those will be getting ordered tomorrow lol

Reactions: TDB55
I did this upgrade on Sunday and non of the instrument cluster or the Hvac control led lamps work.??
I tried inverting the led but nothing....
Re-installed original lamps and they work fine..
I had the same problem, only with the HVAC bulbs. I waited and came back to it. Turns out I had some not seated well and/or others reversed since they only work one way. I had all 3 of them wrong and did them all a second time and they were wrong again because I was not taking my time. I painted a mark on one side of the bulb so I could see where it was. Once you take them out its easy to loose track of the sides. It was much easier with the ignition in the on position, that way you can see them light when they are in correctly even when not seated. The plastic housing on the LED bulbs is soft so you need to find just the right screwdriver size to get them seated properly. I even ended up using pliers and a screwdriver on one because it just would not seat and was stripping. Finally got it and love it.

The HVAC bulbs in my 97 are not the 4mm type bulbs but rather the twist lock type you find in the cluster panel. The bottom of the bulb housing is stamped with IDI 4133. I did some googling and it seems that the P74 is compatible. The 4mm are not compatible with the HVAC bulb holder as they are too small.

There seems to be two rather than three but I may of not found the third one. I will post pictures of my HVAC when I get the chance to put the new LED lights in.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Hello, I replaced the cab lights with LED and they don’t turn on. Worth noting, the foot lights and sound bar light did not work before the LEDs were put in. Should I be chasing a popped fuse or something? Any help will be much appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: Ephry73 and L J
I got the lights working but only when I turn the headlight knob all the way to the left. I checked the door defeat fuse and it was in good shape. I replaced it with a new fuse for good measure and no change.

If anyone's looking to install new bulbs for "Footwells, Sound Bar and Shifter Lights (4 required)" i found that these ones are really solid, "AUXITO CANBUS Error Free T10 W5W 194 168":
US - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=233104552546
AU - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=183824026995

Not sure if anyones already linked these in this thread but just thought i'd share

Also noticed that the rear tyre brake light uses the same connection :)

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
If anyone's looking to install new bulbs for "Footwells, Sound Bar and Shifter Lights (4 required)" i found that these ones are really solid, "AUXITO CANBUS Error Free T10 W5W 194 168":
US - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=233104552546
AU - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=183824026995

Not sure if anyones already linked these in this thread but just thought i'd share

Also noticed that the rear tyre brake light uses the same connection :)
How many bulbs are those auctions for? 1, 2, or 10?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Just did this and it went great. I don’t even have to smack my dash anymore to get the oil gauge to light up. However, I went to do the shifter, and the bulb itself did not fit (auto 2002). Anyone else experience this issue? Was thinking about drilling out the hole a little but then I know the bulb socket won’t stay. Everything else looks really great, went with 6000k white for everything but the footwells, which are blue

Just did this and it went great. I don’t even have to smack my dash anymore to get the oil gauge to light up. However, I went to do the shifter, and the bulb itself did not fit (auto 2002). Anyone else experience this issue? Was thinking about drilling out the hole a little but then I know the bulb socket won’t stay. Everything else looks really great, went with 6000k white for everything but the footwells, which are blue
I measured the stock bulb and then went to Amazon and searched for a led bulb with the same measurements. Look at my posts number 262 and 264 I think in this thread for the bulbs I found

Try filing a bit of the plastic off of the bulb. I had the same fitment issue and had to shave it down a bit.

Hello, new to the forum. I ordered and have replaced all the bulbs and the HVAC and dash look great but the rocker switches are giving me fits.
Some background, 1999 TJ has the three rockers, defrost, rear wipe, and bumper lights.
1. The bumper lights rocker was the only one that would light up before. I swapped the LEDs in and it works fine, both bulbs.
2. Rear wiper, the light never worked before and still doesn't work with a LED (rotated 4 times). I even put the old bulb from the bumper lights rocker and it doesn't work so I do not think it is getting power to the light socket.
3. Defroster has never worked on the jeep and neither do the lights on that switch. Same issues as the wiper rocker.

I am about to just give up on those two and just use them by feel but dammit, I want some light! Any ideas on this?

Also, just an aside but when I took the HVAC panell out I saw two bulbs and the place where the center one was supposed to be was covered it elec tape. Peeled the elc tape back and some previous owner has sautered a little bulb in there, lol. I got that out and cleaned up now it works proper.

I did the upgrade to my 2000 Jeep and now whenever I turn on the turn signals my odometer flashes. I did change the relay when I bought new LED Tailights. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

I did the upgrade to my 2000 Jeep and now whenever I turn on the turn signals my odometer flashes. I did change the relay when I bought new LED Tailights. Does anyone know how I could fix this?
Did you change the turn signal lights too? Specifically the two lights on each fender.
If you did, go back to the old bulbs for those.