Rigidaxle.com scam warning

06lj

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Just ran into an issue and I thought I might share a warning. The company is Rigidaxle and they sell through their own website and Ebay. I ordered a set of Revolution gears from them on Ebay that were listed as the "last one in stock". Last week I received tracking information that the gear package had shipped. This week I received the notification that the items had arrived so I wandered down the mailbox. All I received was a card saying thank you for your order. Of course since they sent the card with the shipping info attached to the order, my Ebay account shows that the order has been delivered and complete. I called them and was told that the gears are not stocked and are shipped from Revolution. They claimed that due to the pandemic Revolution is running behind and often sending incomplete packages with missing bearings and such. I instructed them to cancel the order as I'm not going to sit and wait for a part that my account shows as delivered. It appears they are trying to run a scam in which they send a card with tracking info so that your order appears to be complete. When you call obviously they will blame it on Covid and ask that you be patient. Once the window for dispute resolution closes on Ebay and Paypal I bet you'd never hear from them again. I have already opened as case with Ebay and will do the same with Paypal.

Last edited:
Just ran into an issue and I thought I might share a warning. The company is Rigidaxle and they sell through their own website and Ebay. I ordered a set of Revolution gears from them on Ebay that were listed as the "last one in stock". Last week I received tracking information that the gear package had shipped. This week I received the notification that the items had arrived so I wandered down the the mailbox. All I received was a card saying thank you for your order. Of course since they sent the card with the shipping info attached to the order my Ebay account shows that the order has been delivered and complete. I called them and was told that they the gears are not stocked and are shipped from Revolution. They claimed thar due to the pandemic Revolution is running behind and often sending incomplete packages with missing bearings and such. I instructed them to cancel the order as I'm not going to sit and wait for a part that my account shows as delivered. It appears they are trying to run a scam in which they send a card with tracking info so that your order appears to be complete. When you call obviously they will blame it on Covid and ask that you be patient. Once the window for dispute resolution closes on Ebay and Paypal I bet you'd never hear from them again. I have already opened as case with Ebay and will do the same with Paypal.

I’ve been price shopping a few revolution items and almost ordered from Rigid on eBay as prices are good. Stopped as I question any seller with less than 99% positive rating. Sounds like I’m glad I did.

Reactions: Chris and 06lj
Just ran into an issue and I thought I might share a warning. The company is Rigidaxle and they sell through their own website and Ebay. I ordered a set of Revolution gears from them on Ebay that were listed as the "last one in stock". Last week I received tracking information that the gear package had shipped. This week I received the notification that the items had arrived so I wandered down the the mailbox. All I received was a card saying thank you for your order. Of course since they sent the card with the shipping info attached to the order my Ebay account shows that the order has been delivered and complete. I called them and was told that they the gears are not stocked and are shipped from Revolution. They claimed thar due to the pandemic Revolution is running behind and often sending incomplete packages with missing bearings and such. I instructed them to cancel the order as I'm not going to sit and wait for a part that my account shows as delivered. It appears they are trying to run a scam in which they send a card with tracking info so that your order appears to be complete. When you call obviously they will blame it on Covid and ask that you be patient. Once the window for dispute resolution closes on Ebay and Paypal I bet you'd never hear from them again. I have already opened as case with Ebay and will do the same with Paypal.
Did you at least get your money back since you asked for the refund so fast?

Did you at least get your money back since you asked for the refund so fast?
Not yet as Ebay gives sellers several days to reply. I'm not to worried as Ebay heavily favors buyers in resolving complaints. I attached pictures of the tiny envelope with the tracking number clearly visible. It's obvious nothing but a piece of paper would fit. Serves me right for being a cheap a$$. Next time I'm just going to order them from somewhere reputable or directly from Revolution.

Reactions: EzPeezy and Vasq
I rarely use ebay because of things like this, ebay doesn't really do much to protect you - it's worth the peace of mind to me to just buy direct and call them to ask if there's anything they can do on the price. I'll often beat ebay pricing or at least get close and feel more comfortable.

Reactions: sawmillman and D M
So I just received a message from the seller instructing me to cancel my dispute because they are unable to issue a refund with an open dispute. I have sold on Ebay and am well aware this is not true. So before I was thinking they are trying to run a scam and now I am sure of it.

Reactions: Vasq
So I just received a message from the seller instructing me to cancel my dispute because they are unable to issue a refund with an open dispute. I have sold on Ebay and am well aware this is not true. So before I was thinking they are trying to run a scam and now I am sure of it.
I would contact Ebay and inform them about the message you received from the seller.
See what Customer Service says.... Something smells bad...
I have had several good dealings with Ebay, but one REALLY REALLY bad dealing many years ago....

Last edited:
Looking at their feedback shows that this has happened to several people.

I wont buy from someone with less than 99% feedback. I've been using ebay for almost 15 years. I've only had to dispute twice (just this year, actually) and Ebay refunded me both times. Though they do give the seller 3 days to respond.

Forward that to ebay

I updated the dispute with a copy of their message. Paypal allows for a complaint to be filed immediately but Ebay gives sellers three days. I won't even bother to respond to them since I know the dispute center sends a copy. Not a chance that I would cancel my dispute.

Thanks for the heads up. This is why I no use EBay as much I should. I got burn once but the seller ship the empty box using his home address so the Sheriff was able to visit him.
eBay could fail on their favor but if you dispute and push PayPal with the scam argument they will act on your favor.

I updated the dispute with a copy of their message. Paypal allows for a complaint to be filed immediately but Ebay gives sellers three days. I won't even bother to respond to them since I know the dispute center sends a copy. Not a chance that I would cancel my dispute.
No, do not cancel your dispute. Respond just telling your intentions to not cancel the dispute. Keep your communication open, it will help you at the end.

So I never got another response after I told RigidAxle I would not cancel my dispute. He never responded to Paypals requests for information either. After 10 days of no response Paypal closed my dispute and refunded the money. What a waste of time. I wonder how many people he has stolen from with this scam? I reported it to Ebay but never heard anything back. No more Ebay for me.

eBay is garbage now, for both sellers and buyers.

I cancelled my account a while back, told them to delete everything. I checked a few days ago, could still log in and all my bank info is still there. Deciding what to do next, but ebay can eat a bag of dicks.

• Haha
Reactions: P man and 06lj
eBay is garbage now, for both sellers and buyers.

I cancelled my account a while back, told them to delete everything. I checked a few days ago, could still log in and all my bank info is still there. Deciding what to do next, but ebay can eat a bag of dicks.
I agree and it sucks..I used to make a lot of side money selling on eBay but when you go backwards in sales because of fees and dishonest buyers I gave up

Reactions: 06lj
Ive been using Amazon even less than I had been using eBay before it... I don’t trust either for vehicle parts.

This happened to my wife. Not through eBay but same scam. They sent a card. It took a long time to resolve but we got refunded.

It made it easy that the post office provided the shipped weight of the package. We had to provide that to get a refund through PayPal. Kinda hard to say it was delivered when it weighed less than 12 oz and it was supposed to be a 10’ kayak. 😂