Rigidaxle.com scam warning

I wonder if this is a ponzi scheme... where they trade on foreign currencies while order is being disputed.

Then refund money... by profit made via exchanges.. or with other customer cash.

Would be genius if so.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Rick Flair
I wonder if this is a ponzi scheme... where they trade on foreign currencies while order is being disputed.

Then refund money... by profit made via exchanges.. or with other customer cash.

Would be genius if so.
That's way too devious for most crooks. I bet he successfully rooks 30-50 percent of the people he tries to scam. Eventually, he'll get shut down, but he's making good money, just preying on people's ignorance.
Just ran into an issue and I thought I might share a warning. The company is Rigidaxle and they sell through their own website and Ebay. I ordered a set of Revolution gears from them on Ebay that were listed as the "last one in stock". Last week I received tracking information that the gear package had shipped. This week I received the notification that the items had arrived so I wandered down the mailbox. All I received was a card saying thank you for your order. Of course since they sent the card with the shipping info attached to the order, my Ebay account shows that the order has been delivered and complete. I called them and was told that the gears are not stocked and are shipped from Revolution. They claimed that due to the pandemic Revolution is running behind and often sending incomplete packages with missing bearings and such. I instructed them to cancel the order as I'm not going to sit and wait for a part that my account shows as delivered. It appears they are trying to run a scam in which they send a card with tracking info so that your order appears to be complete. When you call obviously they will blame it on Covid and ask that you be patient. Once the window for dispute resolution closes on Ebay and Paypal I bet you'd never hear from them again. I have already opened as case with Ebay and will do the same with Paypal.
Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: 06lj
It is becoming fairly common with eBay and Amazon. Since they are required to meet shipping guidelines they often do this. They are a non stocking middleman making a few bucks. Thus they are at the mercy of the suppliers. It is a shitty practice non the less.

I too bought a transfer case half from rigid axle on their website. Received it and would not fit. They authorized a rma and I returned it and they received it. No refund for a month. Filled a chargeback twice with credit card and rigid axle refused to refund the money. It’s been 4 months. The Barton family who supposedly owns this company are thieves.

I’m not a jeep guy but came across this thread so I figured I would share my experience with you guys to warn anyone thinking of buying from them. I have made comments on social media about my experience with them and they will just block you.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris and Vasq
I too bought a transfer case half from rigid axle on their website. Received it and would not fit. They authorized a rma and I returned it and they received it. No refund for a month. Filled a chargeback twice with credit card and rigid axle refused to refund the money. It’s been 4 months. The Barton family who supposedly owns this company are thieves.
Sorry to hear that. I also couldn't get any reviews to stick on their social media. I am going to file a BBB review and also a FTC complaint. Hopefully this thread will save somebody else some trouble.

Reactions: Chris and Vasq
Sorry to hear that. I also couldn't get any reviews to stick on their social media. I am going to file a BBB review and also a FTC complaint. Hopefully this thread will save somebody else some trouble.
They are not an accredited bbb business so I don’t know if that will even make a difference. If you look them up on bbb there is a very similar complaint that has never been answered on their page. I’m just trying to save someone some trouble. It appears if you get something that will work they are fine but if you get something wrong or defective as in my case it all goes downhill. They even admitted to me they had problems with their 246 rear case half bearing area being too tight. So it’s been 4 months and out of $180 and they have the case.

Once you file a charge back, the bank holds everything and investigates, and that can take quite some time.

I'm surprised at all the trouble with them. I ordered some gears from them because they said in stock. Messaged to make sure they actually had them on hand after ordering, they didn't answer that, but later in the day I called them at their website phone #, and when he answered the question there I had him cancel the eBay order. Order was cancelled and refunded to paypal/eBay within 30 minutes. This was only a few weeks ago so it's at least as recent as the post.

I'm glad I cancelled first day rather than wait and see. Receiving a shipment with just stickers in the mail would have been really irritating.

I'm surprised at all the trouble with them. I ordered some gears from them because they said in stock. Messaged to make sure they actually had them on hand after ordering, they didn't answer that, but later in the day I called them at their website phone #, and when he answered the question there I had him cancel the eBay order. Order was cancelled and refunded to paypal/eBay within 30 minutes. This was only a few weeks ago so it's at least as recent as the post.

I'm glad I cancelled first day rather than wait and see. Receiving a shipment with just stickers in the mail would have been really irritating.
Yeah I don’t know why I have been so lucky. It’s been a fight since the end of January. I’ve been dealing with Nick which you cannot get past no matter what. There is no customer service at all.

Their return policy says you will get a refund in 72 hrs of receiving a return but didn’t get one in a month so started a chargeback.

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Yeah I don’t know why I have been so lucky. It’s been a fight since the end of January. I’ve been dealing with Nick which you cannot get past no matter what. There is no customer service at all.
Yeah, Nick is who I dealt with as well. I called them twice in a row, no answer, but he immediately called me a minute after the second one and said he was in a call previously. Sorry to hear how bad it's been for you, crazy how they took care of me so quickly. Hope it gets better soon.

The credit card told me they are done and rigid axle refused twice to refund me so it’s out of their hands and to take it back up with rigid.

That's not right.

A credit card chargeback is not something the retailer has any control over. The bank simply finds in the buyer's favor and takes the money. It's part of the merchant agreement you sign when setting up credit card processing for your business. I've been on the receiving end of that. I didn't agree with it, but I also had no choice, they just took the money from my bank account.

This is one of the biggest reasons to pay with a CC.

That's not right.

A credit card chargeback is not something the retailer has any control over. The bank simply finds in the buyer's favor and takes the money. It's part of the merchant agreement you sign when setting up credit card processing for your business. I've been on the receiving end of that. I didn't agree with it, but I also had no choice, they just took the money from my bank account.

Not sure how true this is. I filed a chargeback with my VISA card for a purchase I made online where they sent me something totally different than what I received. My bank told me that they filed in favor of the seller since they had a tracking number showing I received the package (even though it wasn’t anything close to what I ordered).

That's not right.

I thought the same thing but Chase sent me a letter saying the vendor refused to pay. I talked to managers and they all told me the same thing. I’m in the process of closing my accounts at chase bank because of the way they handled it.