RINC's 1st Jeep

Bought Savvy bumper corner armor in steel and a tank skid. The holes in the bumper pieces I was told by our purple tj friend need to be counter sunk. Also need new hardware.

bumper011.jpg

tankskid001.jpg

Bought Savvy bumper corner armor in steel and a tank skid. The holes in the bumper pieces I was told by our purple tj friend need to be counter sunk. Also need new hardware.

View attachment 385917

View attachment 385918

Tank skid is now in. Big thanks to our purple TJ friend. Another day of me sitting in his chair. Drinking his beer and watching his TV. We also added new rotors and BMB pads.

Out with the old.
tankskid005.jpg

In with the new.
tankskid002.jpg

tankskid003.jpg

tankskid004.jpg

tankskid006.jpg

Ran Backway to Crown King. Me Jeep died near the end close to town. Our purple TJ friend dragged me to town.
backwaytocrownking001.jpg

Had lunch and a couple barley pops. Our mid-western snowbird farmhand drug me the 30 miles down the Congress Highway to I-17. Our purple TJ went on ahead to grab his truck and trailer.

Dropped me at my house. Brought it back to his world famous garage.
backwaytocrownking002.jpg

Corroded wiring blew the fuel pump fuse. Wiring was cleaned up and it fired up.

Home now and really dirty from the trip.
backwaytocrownking003.jpg

I have a few odds and ends to clean up. Like with the new tank skid, the axle side track bar nut and bolt are contacting the skid. Need to flip them.

Ran Backway to Crown King. Me Jeep died near the end close to town. Our purple TJ friend dragged me to town.
View attachment 393864

Had lunch and a couple barley pops. Our mid-western snowbird farmhand drug me the 30 miles down the Congress Highway to I-17. Our purple TJ went on ahead to grab his truck and trailer.

Dropped me at my house. Brought it back to his world famous garage.
View attachment 393870

Corroded wiring blew the fuel pump fuse. Wiring was cleaned up and it fired up.

Home now and really dirty from the trip.
View attachment 393871

I have a few odds and ends to clean up. Like with the new tank skid, the axle side track bar nut and bolt are contacting the skid. Need to flip them.

But you looked sexy with those Savvy stickers. Opp's wait a minute there are no Savvy stickers :p they are still on back order :giggle:

Glad it was a easy fix to get it back running. (y)

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
I am sure curious about DIY high line fenders. Like the close to factory look that makes you look twice. Makes you think that something has been done but can't quite tell till it's pointed out to you.

Are you having clearance issues or simply curious?

Reactions: RINC
No clearance issues. I just curious. My tyres may contact the flare at times.

Maybe I should save time and expense and leave well enough alone.
I can see when that mod would be useful for larger tires than 35s, but then there are many other factors, and expenses, to worry about. Also, what's not said about the whole low center of gravity thing is you give up shock travel. With my build, I've realized the limits you're up against when you don't build to a larger tire size and shock travel. Not that it's bad for me, but it does limit what I can do. I knew this up front though!

Reactions: Wildman and RINC
This video popped up on my YouTube machine. Seems pretty dramatic but this is my backyard. Gonna be weird going with all these folks I dont know. I better keep my mouth shut. I'm gonna sign up for the hardest trails they got.

Text copied from thier itinerary.

Table Mesa Trifecta Rated 6-9
The Table Mesa Trifecta tackles the most popular rock crawling trails in the area without being a trailer queen or buggy. You will start your adventure on the Upper and Lower Terminator following along a rocky creek bottom with some pretty intimidating obstacles for newbie drivers. Your trail leader and guides want nothing more than for you to have a great time on the trail but PLEASE pay attention to their directions. Also, be aware that rollovers, body damage, broken glass, or mechanical failures are possible on these trails. Your first major obstacle will get your blood pumping, guaranteed. If often requires winching. After that, there are several obstacles along the way to challenge your driving abilities. An obstacle called “Z” turn often gives a nice wheel stand photo op so you might bring your cameras. The Trifecta ends with a trail called Predator which is a nice challenge for all drivers and offers a more challenging rock crawling opportunity for participants. There are fewer bypasses as you progress. The trail gets tighter with tougher obstacles that are passable with careful spotting. You will need 35’s minimum or larger tires, skid plates, rock sliders, and front and rear lockers are required for this trail. Also, make sure you have your recovery gear easily accessible when needed. You might even get to try out that new which you just installed. We try hard to minimize delays on the trail but they are likely on the Trifecta especially if someone is having difficulty or has a mechanical issue. Please be patient. Your trail leader will try to keep you up to speed on the radio. The person having trouble might be on your next obstacle. It is perfectly ok to get out and scope out the obstacle before you tackle it. If you have questions, please ask the trail leader

Reactions: Mike_H