Roadhouse

The problem is there's not much better being made anymore.

I think I've seen three movies in a theater in the last 5 years.

Bohemien Rhapsody
Top Gun: Maverik
Dune 2

My wife and I stream crap on Netflix or Amazon. I usually give her a hard time cuz the movies always suck. Its a running joke now...but I really don't think its her picking ability as much as the product that is being created now. Its all garbage...and worse, it re-hashed garbage. Like there isn't enough creativity out there to come up with new, so we're going to regurgitate a classic, and then make it suck worse!

I think I've seen three movies in a theater in the last 5 years.

Bohemien Rhapsody
Top Gun: Maverik
Dune 2

My wife and I stream crap on Netflix or Amazon. I usually give her a hard time cuz the movies always suck. Its a running joke now...but I really don't think its her picking ability as much as the product that is being created now. Its all garbage...and worse, it re-hashed garbage. Like there isn't enough creativity out there to come up with new, so we're going to regurgitate a classic, and then make it suck worse!

You're in luck if you want to watch Roadhouse it is an Amazon movie and available to stream as of last week.

Reactions: Mike_H
I'm trying to remember the last time I went to a theater.

I think it was Avatar 2 (kinda sucked).

I distinctly remember the movie being "interrupted" a few times by various theatergoers seated in the rows ahead of us deciding that this would be a good time to open their 42 inch screen smartphones to send a text.

And now that movies stream almost the day after they are released, I'll just watch it at home if the movie has any appeal to me.

Better seats, better snacks, and arguably better screen and sound.

And if the kids get out of line I can smack 'em.

I'm pretty selective myself, though I end up seeing a few I wouldn't otherwise because my wife is less picky and doesn't always want to spend "date night" at the shooting range.

Top Gun: Maverick and Dune (parts 1 and 2) are the three that I have no regrets about going to the theater for. We usually wait a week or two and go to a nice theater that happens to be inconveniently located for most people but works for us, and it's never crowded. I think we shared the room with less than 10 people for a 6:30pm Friday showing of Dune pt 2, a week after its release.

We saw Oppenheimer, which is a great movie but I'm on the fence with whether the abstract nature of the cinematography in the visual effects shots were enhanced by seeing it in a theater. Avatar 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 were ok from a story perspective but obviously benefitted from the theater experience. Thor: Love and Thunder and Indiana Jones 5 weren't worth the paper the ticket was printed on with crap writing and subpar visual effects.

I have a space set aside above the garage to build a home cinema with Dolby Atmos and a projector big enough to meet viewing angle standards but until it bubbles its way to the top of the punchlist we watch on a 55" LED and listen to its integrated speakers.

Reactions: RangerTJ
I'm pretty selective myself, though I end up seeing a few I wouldn't otherwise because my wife is less picky and doesn't always want to spend "date night" at the shooting range.

Top Gun: Maverick and Dune (parts 1 and 2) are the three that I have no regrets about going to the theater for. We usually wait a week or two and go to a nice theater that happens to be inconveniently located for most people but works for us, and it's never crowded. I think we shared the room with less than 10 people for a 6:30pm Friday showing of Dune pt 2, a week after its release.

We saw Oppenheimer, which is a great movie but I'm on the fence with whether the abstract nature of the cinematography in the visual effects shots were enhanced by seeing it in a theater. Avatar 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 were ok from a story perspective but obviously benefitted from the theater experience. Thor: Love and Thunder and Indiana Jones 5 weren't worth the paper the ticket was printed on with crap writing and subpar visual effects.

I have a space set aside above the garage to build a home cinema with Dolby Atmos and a projector big enough to meet viewing angle standards but until it bubbles its way to the top of the punchlist we watch on a 55" LED and listen to its integrated speakers.

Our local theater has the heated reclining reserved seats and the not quite Imax big screen and on Tuesday nights all movies are $5.

We did that quite a bit but now that we have the baby we'll use our home theater instead.

I try to see the really big movies in theater and we did see Maverick there but it's still better in my home theater. Ford vs Ferrari is another good one for the theater experience.

Because of Ford vs Ferrari I watched the Ferrari movie last week on the plane. It sucked.

Our local theater has the heated reclining reserved seats and the not quite Imax big screen and on Tuesday nights all movies are $5.

That's what we saw Dune 2 on...reclining and tied into the movie sound so it vibrated with explosions which was cool. I think they have a night that's discounted but our kids are in school but too young to stay home alone so weeknights are tough to get out.

I'm not sure I've seen heated seats before but it's rarely needed here.

We did that quite a bit but now that we have the baby we'll use our home theater instead.

I try to see the really big movies in theater and we did see Maverick there but it's still better in my home theater. Ford vs Ferrari is another good one for the theater experience.

That's my goal, is to render the theater redundant.

Because of Ford vs Ferrari I watched the Ferrari movie last week on the plane. It sucked.

Ferrari the movie sucked or watching it on the plane sucked?

That's what we saw Dune 2 on...reclining and tied into the movie sound so it vibrated with explosions which was cool. I think they have a night that's discounted but our kids are in school but too young to stay home alone so weeknights are tough to get out.

I'm not sure I've seen heated seats before but it's rarely needed here.

That's my goal, is to render the theater redundant.

Ferrari the movie sucked or watching it on the plane sucked?

My home theater seats have shakers in them, I agree it significantly improves the experience. You should look into that for yours.

I have a home setup with 3 front, 2 side, base, and 2 rear speakers. Larger speakers that can pull out speaking tones with the center channel since they screw that up so bad.

But the TV is a little small. I bought it in 2016 and got the biggest they made at 55". The wife didn't go for the projector setup. Probably good given where the egress window ended up.

Maverick and the Lego Movie were the last two I saw in theators. I need to replace the TV with a larger 4k, but the sound system is solid and wiring run through the walls.

We sit far enough away that the video resolution hasn't been an issue. We could use better colors.

I'm trying to remember the last time I went to a theater.

I think it was Avatar 2 (kinda sucked).

I distinctly remember the movie being "interrupted" a few times by various theatergoers seated in the rows ahead of us deciding that this would be a good time to open their 42 inch screen smartphones to send a text.

And now that movies stream almost the day after they are released, I'll just watch it at home if the movie has any appeal to me.

Better seats, better snacks, and arguably better screen and sound.

And if the kids get out of line I can smack 'em.

Netflix and Chill.

Checkout "The Gentleman" by Guy Ritchie. It's the Craic.

I watched it last night. Not much like the original but a good slap em' around, beat em' up kind of movie. Was some quality hands on violence as opposed to the usual shoot em up, everything explodes action movies. If you're looking for academy awards, this isn't it. If you want some mind numbing for a couple hours this was a good distraction