Rockauto customer service

I have never had issues with RA. The very few times there are screw ups, the online system worked well for me, or the very rare time something I need a human for email worked pretty well too.

Reactions: MichaelGH
Haiku?

Ordered the wrong shit
Got mad and posted online
Don't I look foolish
Ordered part
Found it was missing pieces
Got mad about lack of in person Rockauto customer service
Posted online
Received helpful feedback about correct part
Received no helpful feedback about other places to buy ACC merchandise

Fixed it for ya, internet savant

Reactions: fourpointzero
See, I don't play that shyt with RA. I've ordered from them years ago, before they started to advertise everywhere. If I was desperate for a part I needed that there was no way in hell I was getting elsewhere- then they'd be my source.

Ordering from rock auto would give me the insure feeling I'd get back when I was a kid and ordered some trinket or demo from the back of an obscure magazine. 😂

See, I don't play that shyt with RA. I've ordered from them years ago, before they started to advertise everywhere. If I was desperate for a part I needed that there was no way in hell I was getting elsewhere- then they'd be my source.

Ordering from rock auto would give me the insure feeling I'd get back when I was a kid and ordered some trinket or demo from the back of an obscure magazine. 😂
I've learned that the hard way...

Ordered part
Found it was missing pieces
Got mad about lack of in person Rockauto customer service
Posted online
Received helpful feedback about correct part
Received no helpful feedback about other places to buy ACC merchandise

Fixed it for ya, internet savant
Color me impressed
I really would be impressed
But it's not haiku

I've "mostly" had good luck with RA - although they did send me the wrong belts for the old MBZ. Then charged me return shipping on one of them - which was annoying. With that said, they're so darn cheap, that I'm still money ahead - plus even the dealer sometimes has problems speccing the correct parts.

But you have to watch them - I needed to order a pair of radiator-to-auto-tranny hoses for the MBZ just yesterday. RA had them, and they looked correct. However, they only had "Sun Chow Mien" or some such Chinesium part so I went elsewhere.

Bought replacement carpet for the 05 LJ I'm buying. Came Friday, great! Two missing pieces (both rocker panels), not great. Went to call Rockauto only to find they only have online customer service, terrible! Filled out the 'missing piece' complaint, wanting them sent ASAP but get a message saying if I don't have them by so and so date (almost 2 weeks from today) to email them, since I can't call.
VERY DISAPPOINTED in Rockauto not having phone customer service. Carpet was a little cheaper than other vendors but if I'd have known about the online only customer service thing I probably wouldn't have ordered from them.
Anyone know of a 'secret' Rockauto number to actually be able to talk to a human if you have a problem?
Sorry, rant over. Thanks for any/all help.
I ordered a fuel pump, arrived broken, so I contacted them and asked that they ship me a new part. When I received the label I noticed they are in Carson, not far at all from me. I asked if I could just drop the part and pick up the new one, they said no, they are online only, I asked how UPS would drop the package and pick up a new one, she would bite and said that I needed to ship it back, they would inspect it and if it was broken and not my fault they would then send me a new one. I paid to have the original expedited but they would not expedite the replacement. I had to buy it from amazon instead, but they cant ship to Ca so I had to ship it to my shop in Vegas and have it overnighted to me. That was my first and last time buying from Rockauto, especially when comparing the customer service I was receiving from Genright, That's a company who knows how to treat customers.

Last edited:
I ordered a cv axle and it looked correct but had an outside threaded shaft that would not install correctly (one metric size too large).

It was not a fun time attempting to explain that the part doesn’t work but the box says it’s the correct part. I had other issues where parts arrived but definitely were not the brand that I paid for.

I only use RA when I have to due to the shipping & returns hassle. Back in 2005 I bought everything I could from them.

Ha lol I ordered 16 lug nuts, 4 packages of 4 and they sent me 16 packages of 4. Not sure what I’m going to do with 48 lug nuts left over and rock auto CS doesnt want them.

• Haha
Reactions: matkal
I usually like Rockauto but you have to be careful of their shipping costs. They have warehouses all over and you might order 6 parts that come from 6 different warehouses, each with its own shipping charge tacked on.

Reactions: drivincar67