Roll over on Black Bear Pass near Telluride 8/21/18

A novice trail with expert consequences. It's easy to get wow'ed by the scenery and forget that you still need to drive.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
my short time out in colorado a couple months ago i went up a mountain trail and its stupid easy to get absorbed into the scenery once up there. had to force myself to watch the road more than anything else. passengers got a nice view though.

Thats how most (if not all) the accidents occur up there. People tend to stare at the beauty instead of the road and end up driving on the high side of the mountain.

To help others; Ill share my mistake while running black bear. I pulled up to a ledge for the view, went to back up, knocked the shifter 2 clicks forward (D to R), and almost drove off the edge. I had been in low (D1), so 2 clicks up was still drive.

• Wow
Reactions: reddvltj
To help others; Ill share my mistake while running black bear. I pulled up to a ledge for the view, went to back up, knocked the shifter 2 clicks forward (D to R), and almost drove off the edge. I had been in low (D1), so 2 clicks up was still drive.
I nailed reverse once instead of 6th in 4low. That was an awful noise... glad I didn’t drop the clutch or I would have gone off the road