Roof Top Tents

I'd like to get an RTT. My wife thinks they are overkill, but we have been caught in the rain camping many times.

The only downside I see would be getting up in the night to use the bathroom.
Just pee off the side!

Just kidding. It is like anything else you just take care of business. I mean you could camp on the ground with the creepy crawlies, have an easy time relieving yourself or you can sleep in the penthouse suite and take a few more steps to the bathroom.

I personally prefer the creature comforts of sleeping in the air. It is all a matter of preference really.

Got it today and put it on my trailer.:)
IMG_20180508_173005630.jpg

We think so. Instead of dragging our tent, sleeping bags and pads out of inside the trailer, they are all right there on top of the trailer. We'll be off the ground and it frees up more room inside the trailer.

It does free up a lot of room. During camping season we just leave our sleeping bags open and in the tent. I'm hoping to get mine out and setup this weekend. Mainly to air out, the last time we had it setup camping was in late November.

It does free up a lot of room. During camping season we just leave our sleeping bags open and in the tent. I'm hoping to get mine out and setup this weekend. Mainly to air out, the last time we had it setup camping was in late November.
That's what we planned on doing... to leave the sleeping bags open and in the tent.

Reactions: Dawghouse
That's what we planned on doing... to leave the sleeping bags open and in the tent.

Did it come with a condensation mat? If not you will need one. The anti condensation prevents moisture build up in the evenings which accumulates under your mattress. Moisture build up inside of the tent occurs when body heat increases and temperatures collide at the base of your tents aluminum floor.
http://tuffstuff4x4.com/products/anti-condensation-mat-elite-rooftop-tent/

Great looking trailer. I traded the space for open sleeping bags for an additional 2 inch memory foam mattress, Now with the memory foam mattress and the stock mattress I cannot store sleeping bags. I do have a cloth painters mat covering the mattresses though. It is thin and I keep it in when I sleep as a barrier to keep my mattresses clean. I have to haul my sleeping back in the Jeep but it is a small price to pay for comfort for these old bones.

I can't wait to see your set up, but the trailer is awesome especially hooked up to the Jeep. Mine is functional and will carry my quad, but looks like something old Sanford would own. I play the Sanford and Son theme every time I hook mine up lol

Great looking trailer. I traded the space for open sleeping bags for an additional 2 inch memory foam mattress, Now with the memory foam mattress and the stock mattress I cannot store sleeping bags. I do have a cloth painters mat covering the mattresses though. It is thin and I keep it in when I sleep as a barrier to keep my mattresses clean. I have to haul my sleeping back in the Jeep but it is a small price to pay for comfort for these old bones.

I can't wait to see your set up, but the trailer is awesome especially hooked up to the Jeep. Mine is functional and will carry my quad, but looks like something old Sanford would own. I play the Sanford and Son theme every time I hook mine up lol
I saw that on youtube where a painters cloth was used to cover the mattress....good idea. Funny playing the Sanford and Son theme when hooking up your trailer.