Rubber Body Mounts

Sancho

Getting my $30 worth by hitting the text limit....
Supporting Member
I am seriously infected with Covid-4.0 Jeep Build virus. In fact, you all should install snorkels on your jeeps to prevent spreading it. Plus it shows that you are in line and aligned with our overloards.

ANYWHOO.....

After doing my 2.5 - 3 in quarantine lift, and other maintenance work (U-Joints, Diff oils, blah blah...), I feel it is time to replace the very worn out, cracked, and deteriorated rubber body mounts.

Thinking of the Crown master kit.. but does anyone have any better ideas or suggestions?

https://www.4wd.com/p/crown-automotive-body-mount-master-kit-black-55176180mk/_/R-BKMN-55176180MK#

I am seriously infected with Covid-4.0 Jeep Build virus. In fact, you all should install snorkels on your jeeps to prevent spreading it. Plus it shows that you are in line and aligned with our overloards.

ANYWHOO.....

After doing my 2.5 - 3 in quarantine lift, and other maintenance work (U-Joints, Diff oils, blah blah...), I feel it is time to replace the very worn out, cracked, and deteriorated rubber body mounts.

Thinking of the Crown master kit.. but does anyone have any better ideas or suggestions?

https://www.4wd.com/p/crown-automotive-body-mount-master-kit-black-55176180mk/_/R-BKMN-55176180MK#

Good kit, bad price though. Oops, Chris beat me.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cwa-55176180mk

Reactions: Chris
Damn, that price is so good I just ordered one for myself. Why the hell not if I'm already going to be installing a body lift.

In tandem with a BL, you could save even more by getting the crown kit without bolts since they’re gonna come with the BL anyway.

Reactions: Chris
In tandem with a BL, you could save even more by getting the crown kit without bolts since they’re gonna come with the BL anyway.

Not sure they make a version without bolts, but I hear what you're saying.

My body mounts now are pretty bad, essentially in a failed state.

What effect does this have in my jeep jow.. and what would new rubber mounts do?

I assume shakes, jarring, and overall comfort is affected. Anything else?

Yep, you got it. Think of a bad rubber control arm bushing. It's just going to be more sloppy. You may have a bit of movement from the tub shifting on the frame, more noise, etc.

New rubber mounts will solve that. For the price, this is a big no brainer (y)

Mine are actually just fine (just old), but I'm replacing them anyways, because why not?

Yep, you got it. Think of a bad rubber control arm bushing. It's just going to be more sloppy. You may have a bit of movement from the tub shifting on the frame, more noise, etc.

New rubber mounts will solve that. For the price, this is a big no brainer (y)

Mine are actually just fine (just old), but I'm replacing them anyways, because why not?

Just fine you say? Ship em to me bro!

I just put the crown kit on mine when I did the Savvy body lift. Still haven’t started it up after the engine rebuild yet, so I have no idea if it will make any difference to the ride. Kit seems decent enough, especially for the price.

You guys just made me buy a set too. Not planned until Winter. Never know when it's too late. I think I got one of the very last fuel pump assembly before that ship sailed. Hope I don't need it for years tho.

Chris have you ordered your BL yet? I have a Savvy one that I never installed. Also a brown dog motor mount

Nope, I haven't ordered the Savvy body lift yet, so I'd take yours off your hands if you want to sell it locally!

Be aware that body mounts can visually look good and feel firm on the outside but still lose tension on the frame since they're hollow. When I unbolted the bottom section, you could see that there was movement (and slight rust) by the pattern on the frame brackets. I cheap'd out and ground down the metal inserts a bit but will change them soon.

Nope, I haven't ordered the Savvy body lift yet, so I'd take yours off your hands if you want to sell it locally!
That sounds good, it will go towards the cost of a new windshield! Are you still in the Salem area? PM me your contact info and we can meet up

I keep getting S&B ads for Silicone body mount in my feed. Does anyone have any experience with silicone or know where to find them? Silicone sounds like a great idea. IDK.