Rubicon axles on my 2000 TJ?

Robb Heaton

I want to upgrade my 2000 TJ that has stock axles. Researching whether or not I can use certain year Rubicon axles on my TJ. Thanks for your help!

Rubicon axles from 2003 to 2006 will bolt right in without any suspension modifications. You'll only need to worry about driveshaft length and matching the driveshaft u-joints that the Rubicon axles connect to.

Prepare to pay an arm and a leg. Complete Rubicon axles in good shape go for up to $3000, sometimes more.

Personally if I was going to go do it all over again, I'd just get a TJ Sport and buy some Currie RockJock 44 axles, that way I'd have the high pinions, and could put my choice of locker in, as well as other stuff.

Prepare to pay an arm and a leg. Complete Rubicon axles in good shape go for up to $3000, sometimes more.

Personally if I was going to go do it all over again, I'd just get a TJ Sport and buy some Currie RockJock 44 axles, that way I'd have the high pinions, and could put my choice of locker in, as well as other stuff.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Reactions: Chris
I’ll have front and rear rubicon axles for sale in Denver in the next 30-60 days. 4.88 gears, factory lockers and compressor. Haven’t thought about a price yet, but it certainly won’t be 3k per axle. Also know a very reputable shop that could do the install if needed.

Anyway, didn’t mean to hijack your thread, but I saw you were local so I wanted to give you the heads up.

Reactions: tworley
I’ll have front and rear rubicon axles for sale in Denver in the next 30-60 days. 4.88 gears, factory lockers and compressor. Haven’t thought about a price yet, but it certainly won’t be 3k per axle. Also know a very reputable shop that could do the install if needed.

This is how I picked up my rear rubi axle. A comment not in the FS or WTB threads. I think a lot of people just glance over them.

To the OP--Yes they will fit with some minor fixes (ujoints and driveshaft lengths). However, they are very hard to find (unless you look up above). I wouldnt hesitate to run RG&As super 35 kit.