Rubicon Locker Spider Gears

The LSD is only in the rear. It's uses gears, so nothing really to 'wear' out.
Not a problem till it breaks.
So the way my pee brain works basically my rear locker is working as designed so I'm good and just follow Blains recommendation of turn on the locker as soonest your at trail head Or loose terrain and you should be good.

One tip I remembered when my LSD was breaking apart. As soon as I was able to, I stuck a few good sized neodymium magnets inside the diff to capture as much of the loose metal as I could, which they did. The week or two I needed to drive this way didn't damage the ring and pinion. In fact, I'm still driving that same R&P two years later.
How many miles had your LSD seen when it bit the dust?

I decided to wheel with the OEM lockers until they brake.

Curious if anyone has experience with inspecting the front and rear LSD to lead you to believe it would worth while to replace the locker due to some sort of excessive wear that's visible?? Thanks in advance,

The OEM lockers could last you another decade, so no need to rush and replace them. The only way to check the front for damage is to pull it out, disassemble it, and check the spider gears for hairline fractures or chips. I had mine break while wheeling, and kept on going, didn't do any damage.

Bringing this thread back up, as I’m dealing with chunks of metal in my rubicon rear differential.

If I remove the metal chunks, place strong magnets in the diff, and drive it like that until I can get new gears/lockers….What are the risks to the axle shafts if there is catastrophic failure in the locker?

What are my chances of making it several months in that condition?

I pretty much have to run it like that until I get a new locker and regear.
My worry is the axle shafts. I just installed revolution shafts and I’d rather replace the old factory shafts if there is significant risk of damage to the axle shafts if the locker decides to give up

Bringing this thread back up, as I’m dealing with chunks of metal in my rubicon rear differential.

If I remove the metal chunks, place strong magnets in the diff, and drive it like that until I can get new gears/lockers….What are the risks to the axle shafts if there is catastrophic failure in the locker?

What are my chances of making it several months in that condition?

There is no way to know unless you remove and inspect the locker. If you're spider gears have chipped teeth, you're likely fine on the street as long as you don't engage the locker and take it off road.