Run Chris, Ruuuuuunnnn

Heard about those yesterday. Last thing our poor honeybees need are these bastards.

Fuckin Murder Hornets! Is this what the 24 hour news industry has teed up after the Covid panic passes on?

Fuckin Murder Hornets! Is this what the 24 hour news industry has teed up after the Covid panic passes on?

Normally I'd agree, but this is actually a serious issue.

Honeybees are critically important pollinators for a LOT of food we eat. Honeybees are already on the decline thanks to colony collapse disease and other factors. Now an invasive predator has found it's way here that, if they get a foothold, could wipe out honeybees even faster than they were already declining.

Just a few years ago it was the killer bee swarms coming up from South America. What happened to them? Just more fear mongering. It gets tiresome.

Reactions: Hog
Just a few years ago it was the killer bee swarms coming up from South America. What happened to them? Just more fear mongering. It gets tiresome.

That began 40 years ago. They are still here, just not where you are. Nor will they be where you are because of the climate.

Reactions: g.hayduke
That began 40 years ago. They are still here, just not where you are. Nor will they be where you are because of the climate.

I get it, and I remember it being about 10 years ago it was all over the local news. Just no need for that here other than to generate fear and ratings. Just so tired of MSM trying to make everyone afraid to leave the house.

I get it, and I remember it being about 10 years ago it was all over the local news. Just no need for that here other than to generate fear and ratings. Just so tired of MSM trying to make everyone afraid to leave the house.

It's a noteworthy story because invasive species are a real problem. What irritates me far more is the new scarier name the media is giving to the Japanese Giant Hornet. Call it what it is, so we can all speak about the same language when trying to solve the problem.

Reason 110,492,753,908 that I no longer pay any attention whatsoever to the MSM. Hype and spin, spin and hype - I don't know where the truth ends and the fantasy begins.

Reason 110,492,753,908 that I no longer pay any attention whatsoever to the MSM. Hype and spin, spin and hype - I don't know where the truth ends and the fantasy begins.

Use your critical thinking skills on this one. The linked article cites the same NYT article I first read which goes into far more detail.

Reactions: g.hayduke
I
And why would I pay any attention whatsoever to the NYT, of all so-called "news outlets"?

Ok. Then how about you compare the NYT to whatever Fox News said about this. How about a nature and science journal.

Why can't we call these things by their real name?
Murder Hornets dude, that IS their real name. It's Latin for "Hornet that will murder you".

I

Ok. Then how about you compare the NYT to whatever Fox News said about this. How about a nature and science journal.
Then why would I pay any attention whatsoever to Fox either, Hmmm? I don't trust *any* MSM. A nature and science journal - particularly ones that publish "white papers" would be far more trust worthy, but those aren't MSM. I think you're missing the point, I'm not saying the hornet story is false, I'm saying I'll get my information from somebody reliable, which the MSM is not. Preferably a primary source, but anybody other than the hype and spin machine because I can't tell where the truth stops and the BS begins - they learned old Josef's lessons well. I do put a small amount of trust, "trust but verify", in the BBC, but that's about it.