Run Chris, Ruuuuuunnnn

Then why would I pay any attention whatsoever to Fox either, Hmmm? I don't trust *any* MSM. A nature and science journal - particularly ones that publish "white papers" would be far more trust worthy, but those aren't MSM. I think you're missing the point, I'm not saying the hornet story is false, I'm saying I'll get my information from somebody reliable, which the MSM is not. Preferably a primary source, but anybody other than the hype and spin machine because I can't tell where the truth stops and the BS begins - they learned old Josef's lessons well. I do put a small amount of trust, "trust but verify", in the BBC, but that's about it.

Then you are a few steps ahead of most who lazily criticize the MSM and never go any further to find knowledge.

Reactions: Zorba
Not sure if this is the same video Joe Rogan was watching or not. This is something that has been a concern for while now. This video is 8 years old. It’s unbelievable the amount of destruction the Japanese Giant Hornets can do. Not sure where is was filmed. In my opinion this is a serious problem.

Not sure if this is the same video Joe Rogan was watching or not. This is something that has been a concern for while now. This video is 8 years old. It’s unbelievable the amount of destruction the Japanese Giant Hornets can do. Not sure where is was filmed. In my opinion this is a serious problem.

Why do you say that?

Only thing I hear bee keepers complaining about is how pesticides, and killing off certain types of flowers are hurting their business. Even then, has honey gotten hard to find? (I keep local produced honey in my house all the time) Or significantly more expensinve?

No?

Ok then. I know these murder hornets have been a "concern" for many years, that's kinda my point. Those concerns haven't turned into anything. Yeah, they're here. No, we're not all gonna die. Life goes on.

Reactions: JMT
Murder Hornets dude, that IS their real name. It's Latin for "Hornet that will murder you".
Vespa mandarinia
doesn't quite have the same ring to it if you want millions of people world wide to share a story online without actually reading anything beyond the headline.

1588628097401.png

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Why do you say that?

Only thing I hear bee keepers complaining about is how pesticides, and killing off certain types of flowers are hurting their business. Even then, has honey gotten hard to find? (I keep local produced honey in my house all the time) Or significantly more expensinve?

No?

Ok then. I know these murder hornets have been a "concern" for many years, that's kinda my point. Those concerns haven't turned into anything. Yeah, they're here. No, we're not all gonna die. Life goes on.

I will not argue against pesticides and other contributing factories like that. I I totally agree, but here is the thing. Man is responsible for that and we have the power to fix that.
Now we are talking about a species that for some reason is programmed (exaggerated a little) to wipe out colonies to bees that shouldn’t be in the US. So how do we keep them from invading and marking a home here? I don’t know and I don’t have the answer. I’m just saying if that little number or hornets can destroy that many bees, great let’s just add that to list.

And for for record I stated that was my “opinion” never said we were going to “die” I just again in my opinion think this is serious.

And please give the little guys more credit then making honey, they deserve more then that. Again just my opinion.

Just a few years ago it was the killer bee swarms coming up from South America. What happened to them? Just more fear mongering. It gets tiresome.
Exactly.. theirs a guy on here who builds bee hives and such.. I’d like to hear what he had to say... maybe @Chris knows whom I’m speaking of.. wildman.. with the Green Tj in Colorado

Exactly.. theirs a guy on here who builds bee hives and such.. I’d like to hear what he had to say... maybe @Chris knows whom I’m speaking of.. wildman.. with the Green Tj in Colorado

Oh man, I totally forget who it is.

Yes.. he builds bee hives I believe so I imagine he’s tuned in to the whole hornet thing.. I would like to hear his opinion

Maybe he will chime in. Hopefully he hasn't been murdered by a murder hornet ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Hog
Maybe he will chime in. Hopefully he hasn't been murdered by a murder hornet ;)
I think they got him already. They're probably running up his credit cards all over town at this point.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris
These things have been nesting in europe since 2004, I have never even heard people call them Murder Hornets until 48 hours ago... have not heard any issues regarding them killing people, the bee population is far more affected by pesticides and much smaller asian parasites.
If the honey bee arrived in north america today instead of the 1600's would they be called Honey Monsters?

Reactions: jjvw
Not to downplay at all what these bastards are but people here in my area seem to be laughing about it in the sense that it seems to be another spun up media story to inflict more fear into everyone. I've seen 6 posts on FB already where people are asking how much toilet paper should we hoard for the murder hornets? :ROFLMAO: