Running speaker wire

Bwilson79

I’m installing an amp for my 5.25 speakers in the roll bar. Is there a way to run the speaker wire from the amp, to the speakers without drilling holes in the rollbar? 2006 TJ. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I’m installing an amp for my 5.25 speakers in the roll bar. Is there a way to run the speaker wire from the amp, to the speakers without drilling holes in the rollbar? 2006 TJ. Thanks in advance!
Can you tape new wire to the existing ones and pull them back through?

The amp is

BLAUPUNKT 750W 2-Channel.​

But I doubt it actually pushes that much. Infinity reference 5.25 speakers. Thanks for the input by the way.
The stock wiring to the speakers is 18 gauge (at least in my '04), which I think is enough to handle 50 watts. If I was looking at the correct speaker, I think those Infinities are 45 watts? Going through the trouble of running new wire to the rear speakers is a pain if you don't need to.

I just installed a Soundstream PN5.640D amp in my rig and debated whether or not to replace the speaker wiring. With input from some experts here (I am not one of those), I decided it was not worth the trouble, and it looked like the factory wiring would work fine for my setup. I've had no issues using the stock wiring front and rear. I did run new wiring for the sub.

Also - curious as to why you are only using a 2-channel amp?

Last edited:
I have 240 watts per channel so the way I did it... I ran it from my drivers side kick panel strapping to my hardtop harness that runs along the lower inside. Then I branched off and ran up the driver side roll bar (for both L&R speakers). Once you unzip the cover it becomes pretty obvious what to do. There is the existing black harness that is already strapped to rollbar, just run new cable alongside it and put a few zip ties in for good measure. You should be able to feed the wire straight into the pod through the existing rubber grommet - just lube it first.

I used KnuKnoceptz Kord Ultra Flex which is really flexible and made it easy to run.

IMG_4754.jpeg

IMG_4755.jpeg

What the amp is rated for is irrelevant, the actual draw by the speakers is what you look at.

45 watt speakers will be just fine on the stock wires.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
I have 240 watts per channel so the way I did it... I ran it from my drivers side kick panel strapping to my hardtop harness that runs along the lower inside. Then I branched off and ran up the driver side roll bar (for both L&R speakers). Once you unzip the cover it becomes pretty obvious what to do. There is the existing black harness that is already strapped to rollbar, just run new cable alongside it and put a few zip ties in for good measure. You should be able to feed the wire straight into the pod through the existing rubber grommet - just lube it first.

I used KnuKnoceptz Kord Ultra Flex which is really flexible and made it easy to run.

View attachment 322074

View attachment 322075
Thanks, very helpful