Rust Stop vs. Fluid Film vs. Cosmoline

Yeah it's really weird to be without something so simple as a hose. When I wash my winch line I have to make two trips with a five gallon bucket from my bath tub down two flights of stairs and out across the parking lot to my garage. Seriously how much can a few gallons of water cost!?

Yeah it's really weird to be without something so simple as a hose. When I wash my winch line I have to make two trips with a five gallon bucket from my bath tub down two flights of stairs and out across the parking lot to my garage. Seriously how much can a few gallons of water cost!?

Haha, seriously? Have you asked your apartment complex what the deal is?

I've lived in numerous apartments throughout my life, and they always had a designated car washing area with a hose and such.

I've never gotten an answer out of them other than that's how it is and they won't let me use a hose haha. This is in Iowa where everything is just a little bit on the weird side. Can't wait to get out of here! Arizona here I come!

Wow, that is weird. I lived in Arizona for a long time. I miss it there, such a wonderful place.

Good to hear! That's where I plan on moving!

Anyway back on topic, the jeep has been fluid filmed! I wish I had one more can as there are a couple spots I didn't get to with 5 cans.

Reactions: Chris
I probably went a lot heavier than was necessary inside the frame and I ended up redoing the bits I did a week ago as an experiment after I power washed it off :)

I probably went a lot heavier than was necessary inside the frame and I ended up redoing the bits I did a week ago as an experiment after I power washed it off :)

Makes sense! I think if you do it next time you should be able to get buy with a 3-pack of Fluid Film. I do that 3 times a year and it works very nicely.

Chris you say you swear by fluid film, and seem to work on your jeep quite a bit. Just bought three cans, did the inside of my frame and just to try it out did some of the rear end as well. I'm constantly under the jeep checking things over, pushing pulling, and tearing things apart. That stuff is nasty, and slimy, so much so that im hesitant to do the rest of the jeep. Does it ever get better? I know it wont dry but will it pick up some dust and sort of thicken up so it isnt such a mess or will i always need a hasmat suit to get under there
Brake cleaner strips it right off the area your working on, without damage to paint, seals, etc…Then reapply a fresh coat of rust protection immediately after.