Saving a 2000 Jeep TJ

TJ75

Hey Jeep dudes and gals,

New to the forum and to jeeps, I recently purchased a 2000 Wrangler that needs a whole lot of love.
1st repair was to weld in a new steering gear box bracket. I believe the previous owner fabricated the bracket and it was scary wobbly to drive... Also the frame was rotted where the bracket attaches to the frame. Next repair will be driver side floor pan and both torque boxes.

jeep0352.jpg

jeep0353.jpg

jeep0357.jpg

jeep0358.jpg

jeep0359.JPG

Reactions: TJ2, matkal and Hog
Man oh man that thing needs some work! Good to know that you're planning to fix it up though. It's always nice to have another TJ on the road and not in the auto salvage yards!

Looking forward to you resurrecting this guy. As these TJs continue to rust out in the north, they'll be rarer and rarer to see on the road.

• Sad
Reactions: Whitetrash
Man oh man that thing needs some work! Good to know that you're planning to fix it up though. It's always nice to have another TJ on the road and not in the auto salvage yards!

It does need a good amount of work, and I almost didn't buy it. But like you said... Better on the road than the salvage yard.

Reactions: Chris
We like to see threads like this.... Every now and then it enlightens someone on a repair they are doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hog
Nice work! I started repairing a rusty Jeep about 2 years ago and it became a frame off restoration. I hope to have it driving this summer. I like you’re approach of fixing what needs to be fixed and driving it.

Damn, that's some rust right there! Props to you for fixing it (y)
Here is a song to play while you are wrenching.
Nice work! I started repairing a rusty Jeep about 2 years ago and it became a frame off restoration. I hope to have it driving this summer. I like you’re approach of fixing what needs to be fixed and driving it.
Damn, that's some rust right there! Props to you for fixing it (y)
👍🏻

Reactions: Chris
Thanks! Frame off restoration awesome!! Maybe one day I'll have the time for a full restoration.