Savvy and Accutune no longer tune Fox 2.0 IFP Shocks

Extreme Terrain doesn’t sell Savvy stuff, so did you buy Fox 2.0’s through them?
Through savvy? No

I was saying my 2.0s were stiff as bricks as well, without any tune, cause I’m sure extreme terrain ships them how they get em from fox. So I wonder to what extent they are even tuned by savvy.

I'm looking to buy either the Rancho 5000x or Fox 2.0 IFP for my 2005 Jeep TJ with a 4" lift. I contacted Savvy and Accutune and they both informed me that they no longer custom-tune their Fox 2.0 IFP shocks because Fox changed the valving to match how they used to tune them. My goal for my Jeep is a nice soft ride on the pavement.

Confirmed with Savvy that they no longer tune their IFP shocks. The description on their site is a little misleading...

View attachment 264127

Accutune says "Not all IFP shocks are available with AccuTune Valving, call to learn more." I called and confirmed they no longer tune the Fox 2.0 shocks
View attachment 264128

Has anyone tried the supposedly new off-the-shelf Fox 2.0 shocks? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!
I purchased the fox 2.0 shocks for my 2005 Rubicon with 3.5" (truly a 4") RE suspension lift about three months ago; they road too stiff for my liking (and I enjoy how Fox shocks ride stiff, yet are a nice mix of soft/stiff on impacts). I don't know if they had the new valving or not, but I returned them.

Historical:

1999 had a 4" RC lift (33s at 24-25 psi):
- Originally had RC shocks (rode like a meat wagon).
- I read so many great things about the RS5000X shock that I went with those and painted them black before the install (minimal improvement, still way too stiff).
- I then swapped the RE/Bilstein 5100s off my 2005 that I had recently purchased (made the 1999 ride the best out of my three experiences).

2005 Rubi with 3.5" (4") RE lift (35s at 25psi):
- Originally had the RE/Bilstein 5100s (surprisingly, rode pretty plush on my rough roads)
- Due to the great reviews, I figured that the RS5000X shocks would ride even better so I swapped them in (they rode much stiffer than the RE/Bilstein 5100s).
- I then went with fox 2.0 shocks a few months ago, but they were still a tad too stiff for the price point. I don't know if they have the new valving or not. Either way, I wasn't willing to spend more money to re-valve the most expensive shock in my budget.
- I then installed the RS9000XL shocks, and they run pretty nice at the lower settings 2/2 with the RE kit. I chose this route after talking to RockJock and realizing this was the shock that they recommend for their 4" kit (upgrading lift kits in the near future).

Note: The reviews for the RS5000X are likely super legit as I've paid attention to the credible gurus who have endorsed them in here. I'm not sure why they didn't work out for me. (And, no, they aren't the old RS5000 version).

Last edited:
Confirmed with Savvy that they no longer tune their IFP shocks. The description on their site is a little misleading...

View attachment 264127
A LITTLE misleading?

Custom Tuned. Not off the shelf. Not some standard Fox offering. Custom tuned as in off the shelf shocks that were touched by the skilled hands of someone per specifications from the glorious gurus at Savvy. I fell for it. Assholes.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair

I doubt it matters whether we are talking about factory replacements or custom towers. You crank the knob up and the compression increases. On mine it is a significant difference between lightest and hardest. Mostly with the amount of body roll. But the characteristics of the base tune still determine how the shock behaves.

I doubt it matters whether we are talking about factory replacements or custom towers. You crank the knob up and the compression increases. On mine it is a significant difference between lightest and hardest. Mostly with the amount of body roll. But the characteristics of the base tune still determine how the shock behaves.
My understanding is that accutune still tunes the Fox remote reservoir shocks? Might be worth the price of admission

A LITTLE misleading?

Custom Tuned. Not off the shelf. Not some standard Fox offering. Custom tuned as in off the shelf shocks that were touched by the skilled hands of someone per specifications from the glorious gurus at Savvy. I fell for it. Assholes.
You and me both fell for it. I have an email in to Savvy, but who knows if I’ll ever hear back.

When I talked to Savvy they specifically said that Fox does not custom valve shocks for them anymore. My main question is if anyone has tried the off-the-shelf Fox 2.0 which is supposedly the same as when Savvy and Accutune used to have them custom tuned (whether from their own company or Fox)? Or should I just play it safe and get the Ranchos :)
I put the fox 2.0 on from amazon a seller had them for $149 3"lift and the matching stabilizer for 129....they do ride stiff but I run down rocky forest roads {Pyeatte road} at 30 or 40 an they stick my tires to the dirt good,,,they do ride a lil rough on the pavement.
the FOX website says they tune em cheaper then a rebuild....

I put the fox 2.0 on from amazon a seller had them for $149 3"lift and the matching stabilizer for 129....they do ride stiff but I run down rocky forest roads {Pyeatte road} at 30 or 40 an they stick my tires to the dirt good,,,they do ride a lil rough on the pavement.
the FOX website says they tune em cheaper then a rebuild....
I agree that on washboard roads at 35-40mph they rode fine. It was around town that they were jolting. To each his own

I agree that on washboard roads at 35-40mph they rode fine. It was around town that they were jolting. To each his own
I just looked on the fox website revalve is$35 and they do 2.0 rebuild $75. an my stabilizer doesn't pull my steering left at all

I just looked on the fox website revalve is$35 and they do 2.0 rebuild $75. an my stabilizer doesn't pull my steering left at all
Edit: Have you tried calling Wayne at Alltech?

Edit: I spoke to Wayne this summer about tuning Fox shocks to my liking in the stock location (before I decided to have Blaine outboard the shocks this winter). He'd be at the top of my list if I was in your position.

Last edited:
What does your steering damper not pulling your steering to the left have anything to do with Fox 2.0’s?

Has anyone run the Foxes with the remote reservoir and compression dampening adjuster?
Yes. Love em. I had Fullstack build/tune them. Im running 11" in front and 12" in rear. On fire roads or on the wy to a trail, a low CW number is stiff enough to absorb the stutter and keep the passangers comfortable. Get to the trails and go CCW to near full and she loosens up nice for the rocks and such. My TJ is on the "heavy side", so the tune was important.

IMG_3811_zpsfwixb66i.jpg

IMG_3786_zpsrd82exgm.jpg

IMG_4088_zpsyut9ks23.jpg

Yes. Love em. I had Fullstack build/tune them. Im running 11" in front and 12" in rear. On fire roads or on the wy to a trail, a low CW number is stiff enough to absorb the stutter and keep the passangers comfortable. Get to the trails and go CCW to near full and she loosens up nice for the rocks and such. My TJ is on the "heavy side", so the tune was important.

View attachment 293556

View attachment 293557

View attachment 293558
How much F/R up/down travel do you have? I will have the 11" front / 12" rear setup once shocks are in and MrBlaine can fit me into his very busy schedule.

Chris's LSC reservoir shocks rode absolutely amazing (truly awesome) when he took me for a spin, so I'm going a similar route (but with DSC adjusters).