Savvy belly up install instructions

tomtaylz

LJR Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Okay so I’ve read the post on here, but I was wondering what resources you found helpful when installing? From the sound of it the original instructions are pretty out of date and I’m not even sure if they’re still floating around.

A parts list and how the cross member is kind of put together would be helpful, I have a lot of small parts and could probably eventually figure it out and I get a rough idea from the below thread, but don’t want to get half way through and figure out I’m missing something critical.

I have a bunch of shim like pieces of metal, and other small pieces which are probably the big mysteries.

Reference: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/savvy-under-armor-skid-plate-install-write-up.16379/

The shims go between the skid and the frame to space around the nutserts to the same level as the outer C brackets.

Post up a picture of the other small pieces and I'm sure we all can help.

The shims go between the skid and the frame to space around the nutserts to the same level as the outer C brackets.

Post up a picture of the other small pieces and I'm sure we all can help.

So fair warning this is a terrible picture, the parts are at @Alex01 house right now so I’m working with pictures I took but this one :

14EDE64A-E7B4-45BC-A3FF-85D4F3D7D6AB.jpeg

I think the other parts I have a rough idea on

So fair warning this is a terrible picture, the parts are at @Alex01 house right now so I’m working with pictures I took but this one :

View attachment 78417

I think the other parts I have a rough idea on

There should be 2 of those. A right and a left iirc. One points forward and the other back. They go under the engine mounts to triangulate the front of the engine/trans skid.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
The parts are starting to make a lot more sense now that you said the shim looking things go in between the skid and frame rail.

Reactions: tomtaylz
So, how much worse would it be to install this with only a 1" BL (on a Rubicon Unlimited)?

No worse than when I shoe horned mine in with the JKS body lift that hovered just above and below an inch depending on where you measured.