• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

Savvy engine / transmission skid and UCF transfer case skid without a body lift?

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
05 TJR with 42RLE. Is it possible to install a Savvy Engine/Trans skid with a UCF tcase skidplate without a body lift without too much hacking involved? Anyone here with this combo?

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
What are you trying to accomplish? What's wrong with UCF's engine/trany skid?

bobthetj03

vibrajeep
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Just exploring options. Been thinking about Savvy due to the weight and design. Are there other options I should be considering?
The oil pan/trany pan skid is pretty generic, so don't see much you could improve on, IMO.

OP
psrivats

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member

Alex01

Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The savvy skid just requires you to drill 4 (or so) holes in the transfer case skid in order to attach. It should work but if you look at the attached photos you may need to trim a bit of material off the savvy. If I was in your shoes I would likely just go with the UFC since it was designed to work with the t-case skid.
ucf-aluminum-engine-skid-plate-for-03-06-tjlj-40l.jpg
SAV-UAENG.jpg

DrDmoney

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I use the Stahlbus drain it has to have a cap removed and then the hose is inserted like an air hose chuck before it will drain. With the Fumoto I worry that a stick or debris could activate it and I would lose oil. Maybe not a likely thing, but still possible

Reactions: psrivats and Alex01
OP
psrivats

psrivats

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The savvy skid just requires you to drill 4 (or so) holes in the transfer case skid in order to attach. It should work but if you look at the attached photos you may need to trim a bit of material off the savvy. If I was in your shoes I would likely just go with the UFC since it was designed to work with the t-case skid. View attachment 115022View attachment 115023

Aaaah. I see what you are saying. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thunderhead

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
That looks good. How painful are oil changes? Did you get one of those Fumoto valves or something similar to make that easier?
I haven’t change the oil with it on yet, but mine lines right up to the drain plug. I don’t see it being a problem. I might need to put some cardboard or something there to keep it from dripping while draining

Reactions: Alex01