Savvy Mid-Arm and Tummy Tuck Questions

Thank you all for your input. I just placed an order with Savvy for the following
4" double adjustable lift
F&R track bars
Anti Rock Sway bar (front)
Vanco 15 big brake kit
Transfer case shift cable
Rockers with step sliders
Front bumper with light tabs, fairlead mount, winch guard, recovery hooks

I also ordered Currie enterprises CE-9701 heavy duty tie rod system on Amazon.

Next I need to pick a tummy tuck and i was leaning towards the UCF but not sure if i want the steal or alum. any suggestions???
Also need some axles and was considering a pair of G2 core 44's with 4.88's and an Elocker. Anyone ran these before?
I suppose i will also need a SYE and drive shafts. any suggestions?
Please advise if i should start a different post.

Next I need to pick a tummy tuck and i was leaning towards the UCF but not sure if i want the steal or alum. any suggestions???
Also need some axles and was considering a pair of G2 core 44's with 4.88's and an Elocker. Anyone ran these before?
I suppose i will also need a SYE and drive shafts. any suggestions?
Aluminum. Build what you have (super35 from RG&A), JB Conversions supershort and Tom Wood's

The frame holes are in a different location make it more of a challenge and the transmission mount holes are not in the same location either.
As far as the trans mount i was saying to use a weld in separate trans mount, then you can move the skid to wherever it needs to be. If its a diff bolt pattern im not aware, but holes can be drilled through aluminum fairly easy.

That is a fairly broad assumption that should not be.

Hello. I keep seeing your name posted all over regarding the savvy mid arm. I just purchased an lj with this kit and savvy tummy tuck. I'm having some issues and would prefer some professional help vs wasting time and money into into and maybe cause more issues. One of the biggest issues is the rear upper johhny joints are touching the bottom of the body. I can't even remove the upper rear control arm due to the weight on it. It looks to have a 1.25 inch body lift. I'm here in socal and slightly desperate. Don't want to take it to a shop and have them cause more issues. Thanks anyone who is "savvy" with these parts. Thanks a TON. -Blake-

Hello. I keep seeing your name posted all over regarding the savvy mid arm. I just purchased an lj with this kit and savvy tummy tuck. I'm having some issues and would prefer some professional help vs wasting time and money into into and maybe cause more issues. One of the biggest issues is the rear upper johhny joints are touching the bottom of the body. I can't even remove the upper rear control arm due to the weight on it. It looks to have a 1.25 inch body lift. I'm here in socal and slightly desperate. Don't want to take it to a shop and have them cause more issues. Thanks anyone who is "savvy" with these parts. Thanks a TON. -Blake-

You might start a new thread. A lot of people may ignore this one, because it’s quite old.

If the body is touching the tops of the joints, it does not have a 1.25" body lift or someone has lower the OEM frame side mounts. If it the JKS 1.25" body lift, then change it for something that doesn't have a variable height depending on how tight the bolts are. You need a non compressible lift that is 1.25".

What kind of body lift pucks do you have? If they're aluminum and actually 1.25" tall, that's probably not the issue.

One common issue with a body lift is when they use polyurethane or another plastic material for the pucks. A plastic is called a plastic because they undergo continuous plastic deformation at any load (creep), and over time, will continue to deform until the load is released. In the case of plastic body pucks, they tend to squash over time and lose height. The JKS 1.25" body lift kit in particular is notorious for this, as they use a rather soft plastic.

Also check the condition of your body mount rubbers. These can degrade with time, as they are also plastic and will leach their plasticizers out over time and become brittle. If they appear cracked like a dry rotted tire, they are in need of replacement.

Don't be afraid to take a hammer or a jack and dent the tub a bit, as long as there is nothing critical on the other side.

FYI, @mrblaine shows up a lot in these threads as he designed the mid-arm and the under armor for Savvy. So he is really the best person to go to regarding detailed questions, and he often takes a lot of time to help people through their issues. However, keep in mind any advice he gives on Savvy parts is done for free on his personal time, and he does not work for Savvy. (He runs a separate business at blackmagicbrakes.com , which is also very highly regarded on this forum.)

Last edited:
Reactions: UKTJ and SvtLdr
What kind of body lift pucks do you have? If they're aluminum and actually 1.25" tall, that's probably not the issue.

One common issue with a body lift is when they use polyurethane or another plastic material for the pucks. A plastic is called a plastic because they undergo continuous plastic deformation at any load (creep), and over time, will continue to deform until the load is released. In the case of plastic body pucks, they tend to squash over time and lose height. The JKS 1.25" body lift kit in particular is notorious for this, as they use a rather soft plastic.

Also check the condition of your body mount rubbers. These can degrade with time, as they are also plastic and will leach their plasticizers out over time and become brittle. If they appear cracked like a dry rotted tire, they are in need of replacement.

Don't be afraid to take a hammer or a jack and dent the tub a bit, as long as there is nothing critical on the other side.

FYI, @mrblaine shows up a lot in these threads as Savvy paid him to design the mid-arm and the under armor. So he is really the best person to go to regarding detailed questions, and he often takes a lot of time to help people through their issues. However, keep in mind any advice he gives on Savvy parts is done for free on his personal time, and he does not work for Savvy. (He runs a separate business at blackmagicbrakes.com , which is also very highly regarded on this forum.)

Thank you to the ends of the earth guys. I bought this ljr with 44k miles for my wife and it seems to be someone elses headache :(. The oem body bushings do not look brittle. I will check when I get home soon if the body lift is aluminum or plastic. I measured the side ones at 1.25 inch and front at 1" Is there a way to take measurements to know for sure that's the issue. And I appreciate all help and at this point don't mind paying a professional for their time. As I will probably end up buying more parts then needed and cause more headaches. Does not look like the factory body mount brackets have been moved.. is it possible to post pics on here?

If the body is touching the tops of the joints, it does not have a 1.25" body lift or someone has lower the OEM frame side mounts. If it the JKS 1.25" body lift, then change it for something that doesn't have a variable height depending on how tight the bolts are. You need a non compressible lift that is 1.25".

I will double check my brackets but I'm pretty sure they are in stock location. Very weird. problem is I bought it like this and am not familiar with savvys parts. So now I have to figure what's going on.

I will double check my brackets but I'm pretty sure they are in stock location. Very weird. problem is I bought it like this and am not familiar with savvys parts. So now I have to figure what's going on.

Castaic is a bit far from Menifee (Lake Elsinore area) but if you get down this way ever, we're glad to take a peek and see what we can see. Obviously, some pics would help.

I will take a bunch of pics here when home soon.
Castaic is a bit far from Menifee (Lake Elsinore area) but if you get down this way ever, we're glad to take a peek and see what we can see. Obviously, some pics would help.

It's not that far if it comes to that. I appreciate the time it takes to write out comments. More than you know.

So today I got under and took some pics of the body mount brackets, mounts, and body lift pucks. They are definitely some kind of plastic, not aluminum. I am unsure of the brand. The front one appears to be missing the bottom piece of rubber bushing..

20220902_111125.jpg

20220902_111235.jpg

20220902_111302.jpg

20220902_111319.jpg

20220902_111335.jpg

20220902_111357.jpg

20220902_221002.jpg

It's not that far if it comes to that. I appreciate the time it takes to write out comments. More than you know.

So today I got under and took some pics of the body mount brackets, mounts, and body lift pucks. They are definitely some kind of plastic, not aluminum. I am unsure of the brand. The front one appears to be missing the bottom piece of rubber bushing..

I'm not sure what you have going on but a few things stick out to me. This one looks like it shows a powder coated aluminum puck due to the chipped edge and the lack of rust where the coating chipped away. That points in the general direction of a Currie 1" body lift.
1662206974578.png

If you are measuring the distance indicated below as 1.25" then it is most certainly a 1" body lift since there is a skirt around the bottom of the lift puck that drops over the top part of the OEM body mount that is at least 1/4" deep.
1662207197740.png

I'm not sure what you have going on but a few things stick out to me. This one looks like it shows a powder coated aluminum puck due to the chipped edge and the lack of rust where the coating chipped away. That points in the general direction of a Currie 1" body lift.
View attachment 356691
If you are measuring the distance indicated below as 1.25" then it is most certainly a 1" body lift since there is a skirt around the bottom of the lift puck that drops over the top part of the OEM body mount that is at least 1/4" deep.
View attachment 356695

Blaine I think you might have nailed it man. On that 2nd picture the line you drew measures 1.25" so it's gotta be a 1" body mount. So what 1.25 kit do you recommend me to buy right now it doesn't look like the savvy's in stock. And does anyone have a picture of what the front body bushing should look like I think mine is missing a piece and I'm wondering if I can buy that individually or if I have to buy a whole new kit with all new oem bushings and just put those in with the new 1.25 pucks?

20220903_125124.jpg

Blaine I think you might have nailed it man. On that 2nd picture the line you drew measures 1.25" so it's gotta be a 1" body mount. So what 1.25 kit do you recommend me to buy right now it doesn't look like the savvy's in stock. And does anyone have a picture of what the front body bushing should look like I think mine is missing a piece and I'm wondering if I can buy that individually or if I have to buy a whole new kit with all new oem bushings and just put those in with the new 1.25 pucks?

View attachment 356771

I can likely round up enough take off Savvy pucks and put that with some bolts if needs be.

Reactions: UKTJ
Yeah, looks like you don't have 1.25" BL. That quarter inch matters a whole lot. You fully need the space for the uppers to clear the tub. Looks like you have some self-clearance happening.

610cc9bb7f88dca4bdb58aa5ae0fb23c-jpg.203916

Thanks for the picture it's very much appreciated. Looks like you have about a 1/4 more clearance so it's got to be they installed the wrong lift pucks. Are your control arms aluminum or steel?

I can likely round up enough take off Savvy pucks and put that with some bolts if needs be.

Are you saying you might have some extra savvy lift pucks? Sorry little confused Blaine. Honestly with this issue I'm not sure what's best route to go. You tell me what you recommend! I only want to to do this job once if I can help it. Lol. But definitely want to fix this before we wheel it as it seems the body weight could possible crack a weld on the savvy mount. Thoughts?

Also we are getting a little bit of vibe when stopped a idle and I read that if you don't have the proper clearance with this kit it can induce more vibes. Thoughts?
Thanks man! -Blake-