Savvy Mid-Arm Deliveries?

Do you actually have a cable kit on backorder? My observations are that they do produce these on a regular basis, and if you backorder it, you'll get it in a few weeks. However, if you're either waiting for it to be in stock before placing an order or waiting for their automatic email when its available, you'll never get there. You do have to pay for it up front to place an order, but the cable kits do seem to ship quicker than most things. Incidentally, the body lift and motor mount lift kits also seem to be in regular production from what I've observed.

So here is the whole story. I ordered a savvy cable shifter for my 231 transfer case and while i was waiting for it to show up, i purchased a 241. Right after I bought the 241 transfer case my cable shifter showed up. I immediately contacted Katie at Savvy and told her my story and asked her if I should return the cable shifter for the 231 and reorder a new cable shifter for the 241 that I just bought or could they just send me the parts that are different? She suggested just buying the new parts which were $50 extra dollars which I was ok with. She said that someone from the company would send me a Paypal invoice and that she thought the parts were in stock. That was in April. I sent her and the people that sent me an email that they had charged my Paypal account, an email stating I had not received my parts. I have not received a response. I'm so glad that they can take my money but will not respond to me! If I had sent the cable back and bought the new one on Amazon, I would probably have it installed and wheeling! I now know the frustration that everyone has with them. I am tired of the " they are a small company excuses"! If your products are that good hire people!

Reactions: reddvltj and SvtLdr
I am tired of the " they are a small company excuses"! If your products are that good hire people!
That's an understandable point of view. However, companies designing high-end products meant for a very small niche of people with the need and ability to appreciate a superb design and able to pay for it don't always have the volume of sales to support adding staff.

• Sad
Reactions: Igoo65
I recently called and asked if my winch guard, a relatively low demand part that was showing in-stock, had a projected lead time. Gerald said he was in Peru and couldn't say but that if it was in-stock it should ship next week.

That was several weeks ago. I'm starting to get concerned and wonder if we need to mount an excursion to the Amazon to get these Savvy parts delivered..

I’m on the fence, should I order control arms. I haven’t heard about long waits for the arms.🤔 I’m debating on doing PSC box or arms first.

They look like they are in stock. I'd order them if you want them. Who knows what supply issues the future holds. I waited about 3 weeks for mine but that was back in late 2020.

Reactions: DougyintheBushies
Could you possibly just buy the link arm brackets/truss and buy your own arms?
https://savvyoffroad.com/product/mau-bt/

If savvy also has a long wait for their brackets can we buy brackets from somewhere like Barnes? And just make our own kit or is the savvy mid arm specific to their own mounts ?

You can do anything you want. I ended up going with brackets from TMR to do my custom mid-arm/stretch. I bought Johnny Joints from Currie and had busted knuckle build me custom length aluminum links.

The great thing about the Savvy kit is it's designed for our TJs. Everything else out there is more of a universal fit. So with the Savvy you get all the angles and locations setup and proven to work on our TJs.

When I do the front, I'll likely go the same route, but plan to buy the front Savvy truss. I'll likely put my order in months before I'll need it so I don't need to to stress about waiting.

Could you possibly just buy the link arm brackets/truss and buy your own arms?
https://savvyoffroad.com/product/mau-bt/

If savvy also has a long wait for their brackets can we buy brackets from somewhere like Barnes? And just make our own kit or is the savvy mid arm specific to their own mounts ?

The main thing you want to shoot for in mimicking the savvy front mid arm other than link length is parallel links on the 3 link. Which I believe you can achieve or get really close to with this mount, but I’m not positive. https://barnes4wd.com/products/adjustable-combination-link-bracket-kit

Reactions: 06TJ35's
You can do anything you want. I ended up going with brackets from TMR to do my custom mid-arm/stretch. I bought Johnny Joints from Currie and had busted knuckle build me custom length aluminum links.

The great thing about the Savvy kit is it's designed for our TJs. Everything else out there is more of a universal fit. So with the Savvy you get all the angles and locations setup and proven to work on our TJs.

When I do the front, I'll likely go the same route, but plan to buy the front Savvy truss. I'll likely put my order in months before I'll need it so I don't need to to stress about waiting.

Yea when I’m ready I’ll likely just buy their brackets/truss and order arms/joints from somewhere else. Well hopefully when I’m ready they have their shit together😂

Reactions: Sj's TJ