Saw a new JL Rubicon today

Jerry Bransford

Too many arguments and personal attacks, I'm done.
Supporting Member
I had to stop by my local Jeep dealer today to pick up some Mopar RTV. Right out side the parts department door they had some new Wranglers parked. Wow, right at $47,000 for the new 2-door JL Rubicon!!! :eek: It was really nice with even black leather interior but I gotta say $47k for a new Wrangler just seems obscene to me.

One glaring thing I noticed was its muffler was hanging totally exposed below the gas tank, just an inch or two in front of the rear bumper. That muffler wouldn't make it through one of my trails.

Though I have to say for that $47k it did also include an aluminum Dana 44 finned diff cover. :D

47k isn’t even fully loaded. They are around 50k plus fully loaded, not including sales tax.

I had to stop by my local Jeep dealer today to pick up some Mopar RTV. Right out side the parts department door they had some new Wranglers parked. Wow, right at $47,000 for the new 2-door JL Rubicon!!! :eek: It was really nice with even black leather interior but I gotta say $47k for a new Wrangler just seems obscene to me.

One glaring thing I noticed was its muffler was hanging totally exposed below the gas tank, just an inch or two in front of the rear bumper. That muffler wouldn't make it through one of my trails.

Though I have to say for that $47k it did also include an aluminum Dana 44 finned diff cover. :D
Thought the 2 door JLs were about a month out to dealers? Maybe certain states get them quicker.

TJR to JLR jumped $20k. That would pay for a new SE, or a new stripped down Sport, back in the day.

The scary thing is, I paid $28k for a brand new JKR back in 2006. Ordered from the factory with every option except an engine block heater.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris
I can’t wait until Jerry starts wrenching on a JLR!
I wouldn't mind a JLR but no way since retiring. I wouldn't spend that much $$$ on a Wrangler no matter if I had big $$$, I'd rather wheel what I have. My only dream is to install big axles and stretch the TJ enough for 40's some day... 9", Dana 60, or a 609 would make me very happy. :)

I wouldn't mind a JLR but no way since retiring. I wouldn't spend that much $$$ on a Wrangler no matter if I had big $$$, I'd rather wheel what I have. My only dream is to install big axles and stretch the TJ enough for 40's some day... 9", Dana 60, or a 609 would make me very happy. :)

I’m mostly just curious to know what the complexities would be when wrenching on a JL. I know you mentioned working on a JK once and how it was more sophisticated than a TJ. That makes me wonder how much (if any) more sophisticated the JL is.

I’m with you though. The price is outrageous. For a vehicle like the Wrangler (which I see as being more of a toy), I would never pay that price. The only way I would pay that price is if I spent a lot of time in it, driving it for hours ever single day. Either that or if I was just oozing money out my ass.

Nearly 50k is a lot of money to drop on any vehicle, that’s for certain.

My co-worker picked one up. He put $5000 down and his payment is just under $800 per month. I rode in it. It was nice but I’ll never buy one for that kind of money. What I did notice is that taking the doors off looked to be one hell of a project. I could be wrong but I doubt it. No doors off=no fun in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My co-worker picked one up. He put $5000 down and his payment is just under $800 per month. I rode in it. It was nice but I’ll never buy one for that kind of money. What I did notice is that taking the doors off looked to be one hell of a project. I could be wrong but I doubt it. No doors off=no fun in my book.

Damn wonder if his interest rate is just that high or his terms are short. At 72 mos with 5k down I’m not seeing how his payment is that high. Yea that’s not worth it.

Damn wonder if his interest rate is just that high or his terms are short. At 72 mos with 5k down I’m not seeing how his payment is that high. Yea that’s not worth it.

Ya I’m not sure of his terms. He did order it to his liking but I’m not one to disclose that kind of info like he is. He just blurted it out and my eyes popped. 4-5-6-7 years who knows but I think they’re all available now days.

Ya I’m not sure of his terms. He did order it to his liking but I’m not one to disclose that kind of info like he is. He just blurted it out and my eyes popped. 4-5-6-7 years who knows but I think they’re all available now days.

Yea that’s nuts. He bought it ill prepared and that payment every month will not be fun.

Yea that’s nuts. He bought it ill prepared and that payment every month will not be fun.

We have 3 cars and 1 loan. I hate loans. 50,000 on a 5 year is $800+ so I imagine this thing was around 55k?? Yikes. I’d rather buy a motor home.

Reactions: Starrs
I have $780/mo on my wife's Benz...But I only took a 3 year note, took full advantage of the 1.25% and financed the whole thing (1 year old car when I bought it) I hate payments of any kind so I do what I can to get rid of them fast.

Reactions: Starrs
Damn. I'd have a hard time doing much off roading in a 50K Jeep I was making payments on.

I wheeled with a couple of 30,000 dollar rigs a couple of weeks ago. They got in to their painted fenders a few times that made me cringe as they cracked and bent. Of course they weren’t fully set up correctly and I mentioned bump stop and they (brother in laws) had no clue.

Reactions: Rob5589