Seals / weather stripping for the interior to keep out water?

Shame-Ranger

Whats a good brand of seals or site that has seals for all the nooks and crannies to keep the rain sleet and snow out of a tj? I have been looking and either they dont fit well from reviews or they reject my payment for some weird reason (maybe out of stock). I want to replace all the seals for the doors hard too windshield windows tail gate and just about everything to the cabin. I have a 2000 tj 4.0 manual with a hardtop.

I've had good luck with Fairchild brand seals. I bought rear hardtop to glass, rear glass to tailgate, rear tailgate door, and door seals from them and they've been good so far. You can find them on Amazon and the various Jeep part sites (Quadratec, XT, etc).

I’ve found OEM stuff on Amazon for decent prices at times. Or the online Mopar sellers, but I shop them for best prices as well.

I don’t know of any aftermarket suppliers that supply quality replacements, mainly because I’ve stuck to OEM.

Other folks may have experience with aftermarket parts though.
I’ll be following this thread to see what people say.
I’m wanting to do the top, doors, and rear glass seals too. I’m tired of the wind noise, and the leaks around the rear glass hatch.

Last edited:
IIRC when my father had his '61 Merc convertible redone they used 'Steel Rubber' (company name) for all seals, inside and out. And not a drop of water ever go inside in over a decade since it was done.