Seller's remorse: Ever had it?

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
A different thread brought this subject to mind. So, I'm just curious if you've ever had "seller's remorse" after selling a vehicle? Jeep, car, truck, bike...whatever...ever experienced it? As someone who has owned over 300 vehicles, you can bet your Bippy I have! Here's my top five (there are more, but these always stand out to me):

1960 Pontiac Catalina 2-door hardtop
1960 Pontiac Bonneville convertible
1956 Ford Customline 2-door hardtop
1957 Pontiac Star Chief 2-door hardtop
1973 Dodge Challenger Ralley

I've owned a bunch of cars, but my seller's remorse list is short.
'64 Morgan +4
'66 Pontiac Tempest w/ 455 & TH400 swap

Reactions: Squatch
This was the last video I had of my TJ after selling it

This is the first picture I took after buying it back and getting it home. The buyers remorse was too much to handle haha
4FF27F40-4176-4082-B96F-9D6654072B61.jpeg

My 2011 Cummins. Bought in 2012 with only 18k miles on it. But fuel was $5 gal and that hurt my wallet. I sold it in in 2015 and bought the tj about a month later.

When I was about 22 I owned one of the original 'hot hatches' a 1990 Honda Civic .1.6 Dohc manual V-tec engine (lowered slightly of course)...for a front wheel drive it cornered very well and the V-tect engine pulled like a freight train....the remorse part is that my eldest daughter is upset I got rid of it. haha

1963 Triumph herald
Vauxhall Magnum with a Bedford Van engine in it...(stepped it up from a 1.8L to a 2.3L) That was an awesome sleeper car.

Last edited:
Every vehicle I sold was beyond financial viability to keep,
I was more elated to get rid of the money pit,
but I wish I still had my

1973 Vette
1975 Trans Am
1979 F250 Crew Cab.
1978 Seville
1987 Four Runner
1987 YJ... with the 3.07s

And my first vehicle after Grade 12
1952 M38

Those 1970s GMs were heavenly on the highway... at 80mph.
Priceless tho, when we had the Crew Cab, 4 door pickups were NOT cool.
Now Wranglers with skinny rubber are not cool.

When I buy the first electric Wrangler, I'll be a real Renegade...

Last edited:
When I was about 22 I owned one of the original 'hot hatches' a 1990 Honda Civic .1.6 Dohc manual V-tec engine (lowered slightly of course)...for a front wheel drive it cornered very well and the V-tect engine pulled like a freight train....the remorse part is that my eldest daughter is upset I got rid of it. haha

1963 Triumph herald
Vauxhall Magnum with a Bedford Van engine in it...(stepped it up from a 1.8L to a 2.3L) That was an awesome sleeper car.

Oh man, an EF B16 hatch! Yea, I don't think I could live with myself if I ever had to get rid of something like that! I feel your pain!

As far as sellers remorse, I've only got two, but BUYERS remorse... yea, I regret buying my 05 LJR. But, anyway, it is what it is. Lol

The two I regret selling were my 05 Honda Element, and my mint condition 89 Honda CRX. I had to sell the CRX because my stupid drain field at my house failed. Apparently there was an underground spring flooding it. I Had to sell my baby to pay for a whole new drain field, re-sodding my yard, and digging a French drain around my property to divert the underground spring. I've had a bunch of EF Civics and CRX's but that CRX was my favorite!

• Love
Reactions: Kiwi TJ