Share your favorite watch

Nice old Swiss Army. Wife bought it for me around 1992.
watch.jpg

My favorite watch however is a simple elegant watch given to me from my mom from her days at &Boeing, I can’t wear it. Women’s watch.

Would love to get the male version,
Classic simple silver face, silver hands. The Boeing symbol in Chrome is the only thing on the face. With black leather bands. I’ll post a pic when I get home.
Part of the fun of watches is the story and history to each one. You should find the male version. There are so many resources online.

Reactions: ejay
Jesus how old are you guys? I thought you guys would have smart watches. The last time I wore a watch was before I got a beeper.

Then I went to a cellphone never felt a need to have a watch again.

This is my "oh shit you're actually going to college" present from the parents. I like it because it's simple, and very thin. Only 'nice' watch I've ever had, although not that nice seeing all your other good looking timepieces!

IMG_20210313_184329.jpg

Reactions: L J
This is my "oh shit you're actually going to college" present from the parents. I like it because it's simple, and very thin. Only 'nice' watch I've ever had, although not that nice seeing all your other good looking timepieces!

View attachment 234003
That’s a nice looking watch. Like stated earlier. Some of these nice watches are too busy on the face.

Reactions: ejay and lBasket
That’s a nice looking watch. Like stated earlier. Some of these nice watches are too busy on the face.
Thank you! Yeah, not a lot going on here. Quick to read. I'm a clutz so the low profile is great for me, but you can see I still bang it around a good amount.

Reactions: ejay

View attachment 234003
I'm a big fan of Bulova. I have several of their vintage dress watches as well as my military Bulova but I never wear the dress. I suppose I'm more utilitarian in that regard.

My sentimental favorite is the GShock my parents got me for Christmas before I deployed to Afghanistan. Solar, tough (survived an IED unscathed), atomic... Great watch that I'll always have.

New fav is a Galaxy Smart Watch3. Annoying to have to charge it every few days, but functionality is great and looks pretty swanky too.

20210315_115213.jpg

20210315_115219.jpg

Reactions: Byhumba and ejay
I have this watch in a knock off. Isnt waterproof. And you have to set it everyday. But its better than spending 4k!

I'm a big fan of Bulova. I have several of their vintage dress watches as well as my military Bulova but I never wear the dress. I suppose I'm more utilitarian in that regard.
I used to collect vintage solid gold Bulova's and others from the 40's & 50" and had several, back when the movement was actually a Swiss mvt.
Know Bulova is just a cheap watch with cheap Japanese movements. Sadly, the Japanese have some super high end movements, but Bulova went the cheap "fashion" route and duped people on brand recognition instead.
I sold all my gold watches because, as you know, they're dainty and mostly too small for a man's watch today.
I still have my "dainty" Loneness gold watch that was given to my Grandfather at retirement, but it looks more like a woman's watch.

Reactions: Ephry73