Shift Knob Ideas

I have the grenade. No plans to ever visit Commiefornia ever again. Plus it was never an actual grenade nor could it be converted.

20210519_194120.jpg

I bought a black shifter knob off e-bay that is like a pool ball but had the 6 speed shift pattern on it. It's damn cold in the winter. Don't suggest it.

Go for it, I would love to see what you sew up!
I'm gonna noodle on it for a bit - I really prefer a rubber accordion style shifter boot, but there apparently isn't one that will work with the stock '05/'06 escutcheon. The "shapeless bag" style never has done much for me, but since its there, I might as well make lemonade. I'll have to dig through my dance stuff and see if there's something I can re-purpose - maybe I have an old coin scarf or something.

Thanx for the idea!

Reactions: cliffish
I’ve seen the an inert hand grenade, but don’t take those into California, those are felony’s there, and probably are known to cause cancer
These inert grenades fall under a law that makes it a wobbler. A wobbler law is one that can either be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on what and how you are using them also if you have a not so good record with law enforcement.

These inert grenades fall under a law that makes it a wobbler. A wobbler law is one that can either be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on what and how you are using them also if you have a not so good record with law enforcement.
Correct, I cited the penal code a few posts down from my original post and corrected myself. Not to derail the thread, I still think the hand grenade is an awesome shifter, but no shot I'd risk arrest by taking it into california.

A classic look that never goes out of style. This Hurst style, off white 5 speed shifter ball has been in my '62 Corvette that I built with a Doug Nash 5 speed, then my '65 GTO that I built also with a Doug Nash 5 Speed, and in four of my 5 Wranglers (my first one was an automatic). I'll bet I've rowed that knob ~10K times! The observant of you will notice not only the more proper off-white color, but also that the R detent is "notched out". The latest ones from Hurst are an abortion - bright white, no Reverse detent, and with the Hurst name like a fucking banner around the side - Yuck! Since my Estate will handle the disposition of my current Wrangler, it's "home" for the duration of MY life. (For those of you that are wondering, the medallion is from my Mother-In-Law - it has the Greek words for "Aspire, Seek, Attain":

ShifterKnob.jpg