Shittybilt top fail

Huh. The replacement top arrived today, and they sent me a whole new top including new uppers for the half doors. Kudos to them! Anybody got a set of stock upper half door frames they want to part with? Time to experiment with installing sliders!
Got a set of upper door frames from a forum member back when I was doing the half door project. They need the flat plate piece at the bottom, though. If you're interested in experimenting with them, they're yours for the shipping cost.

Got a set of upper door frames from a forum member back when I was doing the half door project. They need the flat plate piece at the bottom, though. If you're interested in experimenting with them, they're yours for the shipping cost.
I'll get back to you shortly on that @glwood . Thank you for the offer!

Reactions: Chris
My $250 Smitybuilt been on my TJ for three years now, been through three winters and on an off countless times in the summer.
I didn't expect it to be as good as it is.

I hope I have this experience.

JUST bought my TJ and it came with a new smittybuilt top that works perfectly NOW, hoping I have at least a year or two before it becomes an issue. Fingers crossed I have your luck!

I hope I have this experience.

JUST bought my TJ and it came with a new smittybuilt top that works perfectly NOW, hoping I have at least a year or two before it becomes an issue. Fingers crossed I have your luck!
Same here. The bows have issues (correctable) but that's nothing to do with the Smittybilt top.
CatDaddy and I will have our collective fingers crossed ;)

Mmmmm, BBQ...now I'm hungry!

Reactions: CatDaddys BBQ
Same here. The bows have issues (correctable) but that's nothing to do with the Smittybilt top.
CatDaddy and I will have our collective fingers crossed ;)

Mmmmm, BBQ...now I'm hungry!

Been halfway through the winter season here (a fair amount of snow as well as a few days at 25 below zero) and the top is doing perfectly fine. I'm surprised how little I miss not having a hard top - kind of dont ever feel that its needed now.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I had a Smittybilt R-A-T when I bought my jeep. The first year it was "ok". I noticed the soft uppers would collect water as it seeped thru the zippers. After that it all went down hill, the rear side windows absorbed water, the rear zippers were real finicky. After any real rainfall or snowfall you could see the moisture inside. I sold it and bought a year old bestop. My soft uppers still leak since they are still smittybilt but the rest of the top is perfectly fine.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I had a Smittybilt R-A-T when I bought my jeep. The first year it was "ok". I noticed the soft uppers would collect water as it seeped thru the zippers. After that it all went down hill, the rear side windows absorbed water, the rear zippers were real finicky. After any real rainfall or snowfall you could see the moisture inside. I sold it and bought a year old bestop. My soft uppers still leak since they are still smittybilt but the rest of the top is perfectly fine.
nana nana nananana 🙉

Seriously, thanks for the info; just hoping I (we) can get a year or so with the SB top. Other things I want/need to address first.