Side mirrors: old style versus new

@cpwolf you still happy with those mirrors?

Here they are, they look stock or better to me, ha.

5EB8D59E-89DD-458D-9259-9C7B59E7B444.jpeg

D5236347-1F79-4820-9311-959932CE2EBE.jpeg

4213AAA8-922D-4270-9BCF-E0F0C11FBFBE.jpeg

A2870FF8-8B05-4223-B13E-10253DD83928.jpeg

Reactions: JMT and red02tj
I prefer the later style. I bought a set to put on the half doors I've been reworking.

The lone old-style that came with the doors had its better days in its own rear view.

The pair came as a set from Rock Auto, TYC branded (Item #: TYC 4130012SET).

Once I get them mounted and operational I'll follow up.

Reactions: MikekiM
On 2 + votes, I’ll give them a chance.

So these suck (or there is something wrong with my eyes) 2 miles down the road and horrible vibes. The look like they are all the same manufacture sold by AM / AutoParts Giant. Amazon is swapping them for a new pair but I’m not hopefully.

@Fulton_Hogan have you installed your set from RockAuto?

So these suck (or there is something wrong with my eyes) 2 miles down the road and horrible vibes. The look like they are all the same manufacture sold by AM / AutoParts Giant. Amazon is swapping them for a new pair but I’m not hopefully.

@Fulton_Hogan have you installed your set from RockAuto?

I did get them installed. I was worried when I was handling them before installation because the glass didn't seem as substantial as the original.

That being said, they don't vibrate any more or less than my original mirrors on the other doors. I'm good with them.

I never had a set of the 03-06 style mirrors so impossible for me to compare. I don't have any vibrations that I can see. Nothing more or less than the 96-02 mirrors, or the Frankenmirrors I was using for the past few years. Or, maybe I am vibrating as much as the mirrors and it's cancelling itself out?

I am perfectly happy with them.

I will say, I bought them from an eBay merchant, not Amazon. For whatever that might be worth.

Last edited:
Mine are original. No vibes unless I’m at idle, but the vibes are due to the Savvy tuck. They should be no vibrations with stock rubber mounts.