SJ’s TJ

Also got some big boy shoes (35s):

643B6E33-5FE5-4AFD-8EF0-1434A8CEF672.jpeg

1385E8CD-E34B-4CE3-B1A7-91DB3D93F932.jpeg

DA3B76A5-4F0B-416C-A822-5F818C7682B4.jpeg

Sarkis

Looks awesome dude. This is a major transformation for the little 4 cylinder that could! (y)

Reactions: Sj's TJ
It’s been about 6 months since my last update and it’s a big one. In late June I ordered an Atlas TC and she finally arrived about 10 days ago:
87195444-A354-4646-8CA4-003E7CDFB779.jpeg

I got her installed with some fresh custom Adam’s driveshafts:
D71E8BDE-A7DA-4547-82A5-C9B0338FB28E.jpeg

8CDF7CF8-DC13-4105-916A-F3B0D95AA7A3.jpeg

DDA4A483-164F-495E-96F4-7AF9095A981F.jpeg

04D0FCF7-0519-43F1-A6CA-0A06A92688BF.jpeg

I can’t wait to try out the new 5.0:1 ratio out on the trails. I was always going to fast and this should do the trick.

Just before going up to AOAA, I installed this:
F4AB1DBE-8B1B-43CF-9200-3C26D6E8B39B.jpeg

I went with aluminum since I’m on a weight saving binge at the moment.

Everything worked flawlessly on the trail. The Atlas is a true game changer out there. It’s like a completely different Jeep. Nice and slow and just crawled up and down everything I threw at it. My rear ARB is on the fritz so that’s a bummer. Going to try and replace the bonded seal and hope that fixes it.

Sarkis

It’s been about 6 months since my last update and it’s a big one. In late June I ordered an Atlas TC and she finally arrived about 10 days ago:
View attachment 192857
I got her installed with some fresh custom Adam’s driveshafts:
View attachment 192858
View attachment 192859
View attachment 192860
View attachment 192861
I can’t wait to try out the new 5.0:1 ratio out on the trails. I was always going to fast and this should do the trick.
The Atlas 5.0 is a game changer and it’s becoming quite popular. Nice work!

Reactions: Wildman and Sj's TJ
Holy crap dude. hadn't seen this thread before, definitely escalated quickly. From mild to wild in like 2 pages. Like i said if i wind up in NOVA next summer we will have to meet up for a trip.

As some may know, I blew up my rear Dana 44 axle back in October and it’s been a minute since I was able to find a suitable axle and build it up. I finally got the axle back from a buddies house where we added a Barnes truss and put in a Detroit locker that I got from Blaine with my old 4.88 gears.

I know everyone says the TJ rear Dana 44 doesn’t need a truss, but I already bent the crap out of one housing and I want a little more piece of mind. Here is how she sits right now in my garage:
133085EA-DE1A-4917-B50C-59FCA34308FF.jpeg
I hope to be able to finish up installation this weekend. I also welded on some Barnes shock mounts that I rotated up so they would clear the spring perches. I’ll post up when she’s all back together and back on the road.

As some may know, I blew up my rear Dana 44 axle back in October and it’s been a minute since I was able to find a suitable axle and build it up. I finally got the axle back from a buddies house where we added a Barnes truss and put in a Detroit locker that I got from Blaine with my old 4.88 gears.

I know everyone says the TJ rear Dana 44 doesn’t need a truss, but I already bent the crap out of one housing and I want a little more piece of mind. Here is how she sits right now in my garage:
View attachment 213271I hope to be able to finish up installation this weekend. I also welded on some Barnes shock mounts that I rotated up so they would clear the spring perches. I’ll post up when she’s all back together and back on the road.
I see what you're doing with the paint scheme! ;)

Got the axle installed and took her for a test drive. Drove like a dream. I forgot that I now have a Detroit locker back there, noticed a little wiggle on a U turn. No big deal.
484DA442-444D-410A-839D-95076CFB9030.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Wildman
Great news and glad it's back on the road. Now take it easy with it while you break in the gears.

Yep I loved the little wiggle now and then form my Detroit I use to have.
My step daughter was riding with me one day not long after I'd installed it and it POPPED & Wiggled real good as I was going around a corner and her eyes are as big as silver dollars. She's like "You Broke Your Jeep" and mom's gunna be pissed. I'd already spent way too much on it. So I explained to her why it did what it did and that it was OK.

About 6 months later in it's summer time so she's borrowed my TJ on my day off to run some errands. Same step daughter is with her as the Jeep does the same thing as she was pulling into a shopping center. So step daughter looks at her with a straight face and big eyes and goes MOOOOOM Rick is going to be SOOOOOO PISSSSSED that you just broke his Jeep. You know how much he loves his Jeep. So her mom is getting worried and calls me to come pick her up. So when I get there the ex-wife is looking really worried and of course starts off with the " I didn't do anything WRONG" So I let her get thru the whole story as my step daughter is smiling behind her mom nodding her head. So I crawl under the Jeep to make it look good and wiggle a few things and then climb back up as the daughter finally looses it and is laughing her ass off. Of course the ex wasn't real happy with either one of us. But it was a GREAT PRANK....