Snowblower Questions

Anytime! I like reviving the old stuff, repowering it and fixing it up usually makes for a machine that works better than the flimsy stuff at the box store.

As for the pin I looked up that part number and seem to be getting shear bolts. My guess is there is some play in that shaft where the roll pin goes causing it to shear easier. If you rotate the wheels by hand while in neutral do you feel any binding?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2945929145...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

No I didn't feel any binding when I rotate the wheels. The shaft might have a very little play in it. As old as it is I wouldn't doubt it. But the shear pin seems to drive in tight so I don't know.
If it happens again I'll try drilling it out to the next bigger size and put a bolt in it.

Reactions: jeepguy03
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
No I didn't feel any binding when I rotate the wheels. The shaft might have a very little play in it. As old as it is I wouldn't doubt it. But the shear pin seems to drive in tight so I don't know.
If it happens again I'll try drilling it out to the next bigger size and put a bolt in it.
That's what I would do. If nothing is binding, it is usually a combination of wear on the shaft, and slop in the chains/drive system which can cause a load shock when engaging the drive/turning the machine that will shear the pins.

Reactions: Wildman
Wildman try putting a smaller roll pin inside the larger roll pin after the larger one is in place, double it up.
Grooved pins I remember used to be solid with some flutes to hold them in.

Just cleared the driveway. WOW wish I'd done this years ago. The new engine is great. It had only snowed about a inch so it wasn't a real test but it run so much better and doesn't vibrate my arms to death.

20211216_124213.jpg

20211216_124240.jpg

I'm more than happy with this new engine.

I used to hate having to mess with my snowblower and always hoped it wouldn't snow much.
Not anymore. This new engine has made such a huge difference in how this snowblower works. It's even throwing snow a good distance.
I'll try to get a video the next time it snows.

20211218_105751.jpg

20211218_105801.jpg

Reactions: jeepguy03 and JMT
Just remember. Use a stick to clear out the chute when it jams. Every winter I see guys coming in with trimmed off fingers because they tried to clean out the chute by hand when the impeller was still moving.

I HOPE I'm never that stupid. I try to remember to shut the auger off anytime I'm not behind the snowblower. I do need to get something for cleaning the chute out that I can clip to the snowblower.

Reactions: wigsajumper
Nice work on the rebuild, I upgraded my single stage Honda (previous owner left with the house) to a 26” 2 stage club cadet i found on Craigslist this winter, makes quick work of the snow. Paint quality not great on the CC but no mechanical issues so far.

We're having a white Christmas this year. Snow fall total so far this fall/winter is 58". Of course most of it has melted off but.

_nc_ohc=FSMMj_eLN2gAX-_gS2W&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

So I guess I went overkill a couple of years ago and ordered this Arians 28 deluxe SHO??? and had it shipped in from a Chicago dealer..BTW they say my town only averages 28" per year...although we have had storms that dumped more than that at once.
921048-deluxe-28-sho_fl34.png