Snowblower Questions

Oh my. The snow. We normally get about 100" a year, spread over the or four months. This year, December and January were mild. February came in like crazy. I'm 6'2" and walking through the yard tonight it was almost to my knees.

I'm really glad I got the Airens. It's a beast and handles the 6" we've been getting every night

Reactions: Wildman
Since I allowed the priest at a friends Catholic Church talk me out of my 18hp Gravely tractor and 52” wide snow blade a few years back, I am using a Cub Cadet single stage when necessary.
I grew up shoveling snow while still in school back in the 60’s to make $$, and for whatever the reason I still enjoy shoveling today. Although I do it for “0”.

Whoops.

One of the guys that works with me mangled his hand a few winters back... Got a stick or something jammed in the auger, & instead of using a poker to get it out he reached in & got it loose with his hand. When he did the auger blades spun a little to their relaxed state & fucked him up pretty good. Broke a few bones in his hands & fingers, luckily nothing got lopped off.

Since I allowed the priest at a friends Catholic Church talk me out of my 18hp Gravely tractor and 52” wide snow blade a few years back, I am using a Cub Cadet single stage when necessary.
I grew up shoveling snow while still in school back in the 60’s to make $$, and for whatever the reason I still enjoy shoveling today. Although I do it for “0”.
I once did too. This too shall pass my friend. At 66 and 10 years past breaking crushing a vertebrae and two disks the mere act of shoveling about 30 strokes causes much discomfort. I don't do dishes, snow shoveling, sanding drywall over my head, and a few other formerly "enjoyable" tasks.

• Wow
1613764113089.png

Had to clear some more snow this morning and then of course right when I get done it starts to snow AGAIN. It's suppose to get up to about 40* next week so we'll see if the snow is over or just teasing me.

20210219_103931.jpg

20210219_103938.jpg

20210219_103949.jpg

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I ordered one of these for my Mahindra back in July. Still waiting! Been 2 weeks out for 4+ months. Glad to see you were able to get a hold of the motor you needed

snowblower.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I ordered one of these for my Mahindra back in July. Still waiting! Been 2 weeks out for 4+ months. Glad to see you were able to get a hold of the motor you needed

View attachment 290944

I'd have a HECK of a time turning that thing around in my driveway. As much as I wanted to get a lawn tractor mounted snowblower it just doesn't make sense with the space I have.

I'd have a HECK of a time turning that thing around in my driveway. As much as I wanted to get a lawn tractor mounted snowblower it just doesn't make sense with the space I have.
Pic makes it look a lot larger than it is. Smaller than my jeep...longer with the snowblower attached but smaller with a very short turning radius. Certainly would be overkill for a small driveway.

Well as we all know you put off doing something 🙄 until you need it.

It's snowing now and I'm sitting here trying to swap engines.

I've got the old engine off and am trying to get the pulley off the old engine.

20211213_150007.jpg

Both set screws are removed and I've got tension on the puller but no luck. I tried heating up the pulley with a propane torch but again no luck.
Any suggestions? I've been spraying PB Blaster into the set screw holes trying to get it onto the shaft.