So we bought a Jeep—2006 LJR

What seats did you get? on my PRP i reused the original seat bases and rerouted the tumble cable to the front.
Mastercraft baha rs... reused the seat bases but the passenger cable was thrashed, I think it's either that or I did something wrong. Since the cable was thrashed I ordered some replacement parts which arrived this morning so I'll pull it out and see if I can fix it. Same seats @Apparition has in his, with lumbar adjust, seat heat, and storage on the seat back :)

Mastercraft baha rs... reused the seat bases but the passenger cable was thrashed, I think it's either that or I did something wrong. Since the cable was thrashed I ordered some replacement parts which arrived this morning so I'll pull it out and see if I can fix it. Same seats @Apparition has in his, with lumbar adjust, seat heat, and storage on the seat back :)
Did you watch the install video on YouTube? The guy switches the orientation of the lever but never mentioned it.

Did you watch the install video on YouTube? The guy switches the orientation of the lever but never mentioned it.
I watched the video (on my new garage computer :D ) but I didn't notice a lever change... I had mine where the bar goes behind the mounting bolt...

Reactions: Apparition
I watched the video (on my new garage computer :D ) but I didn't notice a lever change... I had mine where the bar goes behind the mounting bolt...
Initial

5C9E92DC-A34B-442B-8D24-A538A124A5AE.jpeg

Final
3BA23859-7378-43FC-A40F-9CD3ACCE5FA1.jpeg

Reactions: B00mb00m and DaveF
yeah... did NOT catch that... planning to go down and give it a go after work today so maybe that's contributing... thanks!
I didn’t catch it either when I installed mine. It doesn’t work that well so I went back and caught it. I’ve not changed it. I think shortening the cable would make it work better the way mine is installed.

I’ll pull the Jeep out of storage in a couple weeks or so, it’s something I need to look at.

How tall is your garage door, Dave? Mine is a standard 7 footer, and I get in and out with a few inches to spare. The highlines help a bunch.

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
How tall is your garage door, Dave? Mine is a standard 7 footer, and I get in and out with a few inches to spare. The highlines help a bunch.
I haven't measured it, but my jeep (specifically the soft top) clears the door by about 2-3 inches today with tires inflated.

I haven't measured it, but my jeep (specifically the soft top) clears the door by about 2-3 inches today with tires inflated.
Great. Then you have no excuse. Tons and Fodeez, Tons and Fodeez...

:)

So after fucking around for far too long trying to get the stupid cable lever supplied by Mastercraft to work on the passenger seat, I gave up and did the jenkiest thing I could (OK it was what I could make work with shit I had on hand) so I could get the seat in the Jeep for wheeling tomorrow.

Basically put a bolt through the cross bar on the lever release mechanism to use as a lever, a piece of flat scrap steel to attach to that, then a pull lever bent out of some scrap 3/32 (I think) steel rod with a bolt welded to the end.

Surprising thing is, it works better, as crappy as it is, than the supplied MasterCraft lever... especially with the shoddy cables I have or could find. I will most likely go back and try to improve it at some point LOL.

Here comes the Horror!!!

20220304_150130.jpg
20220304_150332.jpg
20220304_150339.jpg

Reactions: Mike_H and Wildman
So after fucking around for far too long trying to get the stupid cable lever supplied by Mastercraft to work on the passenger seat, I gave up and did the jenkiest thing I could (OK it was what I could make work with shit I had on hand) so I could get the seat in the Jeep for wheeling tomorrow.

Basically put a bolt through the cross bar on the lever release mechanism to use as a lever, a piece of flat scrap steel to attach to that, then a pull lever bent out of some scrap 3/32 (I think) steel rod with a bolt welded to the end.

Surprising thing is, it works better, as crappy as it is, than the supplied MasterCraft lever... especially with the shoddy cables I have or could find. I will most likely go back and try to improve it at some point LOL.

Here comes the Horror!!!

View attachment 313517View attachment 313518View attachment 313519
Necessity is the mother of invention. Nice work.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
So today I did this.... I learned how to pick up sticks with my tires. Watch the Drivers rear tire at about the 1:15 mark lol. Took a jack under the bumper to get it back out.

Haha I've done the same a few times. One time Gary had to use a chainsaw to get it unwedged. Did you end up making it over the big rock? That's a fun obstacle.

Haha I've done the same a few times. One time Gary had to use a chainsaw to get it unwedged. Did you end up making it over the big rock? That's a fun obstacle.
no, first time I've tried it, John went over first and made it but then it was so slick no one else could make it. Walker was super slimy yesterday, upper Timber Tamer was extremely difficult and that little Ridge Ram rock climb was practically impassable.