So why does this happen?

$20k in Jeep Parts.
6 months of build time.
2 days to drive to Moab.
5 seconds to hammer down on the throttle and game over.

I'd love to know the follow up story. Did they fix it? Walk away?

-Mac

Reactions: 06TJ35's and Tob
I haven't done a back flip yet! 🤣

1677343865694.gif

Long arm and he never let off the throttle. In fact it seemed to try to accelerate by the sound of the tires.

Are you saying the long arms caused or contributed to the backflip?

If so, how? Asking just learn why, as an uninformed individual.

In almost every long arm thread, there is a description of antisquat and how loaded lifted short arms cause the rear to rise and how loaded lifted long arms cause the rear to sink. A rising rear can create hopping. A sinking rear will contribute to the front end getting light due to weight shift and lifting off the ground. We see a light front end in this video. In the middle of this behavior, the driver keeps powering through the chaos and lands on his head.

This is the geometry we are talking about.

That's my opinion. I had similar light front-end issues on my previous TJ with its long-arm suspension. Fortunately never rolled it. That guy just never got off the stupid-pedal, he probably thought he had momentum going for him. A lack of good anti-squat design in his long-arm suspension contributed to his roll but is unlikely to be the sole reason.

In almost every long arm thread, there is a description of antisquat and how loaded lifted short arms cause the rear to rise and how loaded lifted long arms cause the rear to sink. A rising rear can create hopping. A sinking rear will contribute to the front end getting light due to weight shift and lifting off the ground. We see a light front end in this video. In the middle of this behavior, the driver keeps powering through the chaos and lands on his head.

This is the geometry we are talking about.

That's my opinion. I had similar light front-end issues on my previous TJ with its long-arm suspension. Fortunately never rolled it. That guy just never got off the stupid-pedal, he probably thought he had momentum going for him. A lack of good anti-squat design in his long-arm suspension contributed to his roll but is unlikely to be the sole reason.

I see. Thanks for helping me understand. 👍🏼

Those guys already answered the question, but if you want to study it a little, watch youtube videos involving longarm rollovers and compare them to shortarm rollovers. It is a very interesting thing to see.

Wondering what type of Suspension System this guy is running?
Low COG- 50-50 Travel- Steel Belted Underwear

80 year old springs more suited for a wagon than a car, with crappy shocks that have about 6 inches of travel.

Its shocking were he takes that little jeep.

Those guys already answered the question, but if you want to study it a little, watch youtube videos involving longarm rollovers and compare them to shortarm rollovers. It is a very interesting thing to see.

Awesome, thank you.