California SoCal run?

Count me in.

Also, I may have a small group doing Oriflamme this Sunday. That's on 78 near Julian, so San Diego area but maybe not too far if someone wants to make the drive from Imperial or Riverside. LMK if anyone wants to join us.

Count me in.

Also, I may have a small group doing Oriflamme this Sunday. That's on 78 near Julian, so San Diego area but maybe not too far if someone wants to make the drive from Imperial or Riverside. LMK if anyone wants to join us.

Oriflamme is scenic... i just might join up. I was planning on doing some hiking near Julian this saturday, but may switch and join the drive.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and fuse
Really nice day out. We went down Rodriguez and back up Oriflamme. Great weather, as I'm sure you know!

We should definitely plan a run for the SoCal Jeeps to get together!

Man... I Should have got on here sooner, I would have been down to join.

I am going for a Rowher Flats run this weekend and plan to get out to Laurel Lake before winter starts. If anyone wants to join LMK. And if there are any runs coming up I would most likely be in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho and fuse
Really nice day out. We went down Rodriguez and back up Oriflamme. Great weather, as I'm sure you know!

Anytime! Let me know whem you want to get this thing going.

Some ideas in anza...

1. We can do an easy run.. oriiflamme to vallecito wash.. see mud caves... down diablo dropoff into fish creek.. wind caves.. thru split mtn... then into ocotillo wells amd truckhaven.

2. Bit harder..
Pinyon trail has the squeeze amd other fun obstacles... leads into fish creek

3. Hardest: drive around truckhaven hills...

Corrall canyon has great runs as well.

Last edited:
Anytime! Let me know whem you want to get this thing going.

Some ideas in anza...

1. We can do an easy run.. oriiflamme to vallecito wash.. see mud caves... down diablo dropoff into fish creek.. wind caves.. thru split mtn... then into ocotillo wells amd truckhaven.

2. Bit harder..
Pinyon trail has the squeeze amd other fun obstacles... leads into fish creek

3. Hardest: drive around truckhaven hills...

Corrall canyon has great runs as well.
Damn, Anza is about 5hrs away so it will be hard for me to get there for a day run.

Well, jv, big bear, joshua tree, and other sites are between valencoa amd SD.

We can figure aomething out.
Anza is definitely on my list of places to wheel! I would just want to spend a few days exploring it if I go that way.

I love the Big Bear area!! Took my Disco up Cleghorn and through some of the tails from Silverwood to Arrowhead, lots of terrain to choose from!! Never been to Joshua, but would be down! Excuse my ignorance but where is JV?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho

We like camping in Julian and have gone down Oriflame and skipped Rodriguez once. Ocotillo is another spot we like.
We will be heading out there soon.

Reactions: fuse and Sancho