Soft top leaking

1Blacktj

TJ Enthusiast
Ok so I noticed every time it rained, the passenger side floor pan would get drenched. My first thought was the coal drain. I cleaned that out and problem still persists. I had my brother spray different parts of the jeep while i was Inside and it is leaking from here. It’s in between where the window is and where the soft top channel is. What’s the best way ya to fix this?

78EC74CD-E882-4EAB-A1AB-8781D09E3EA9.jpeg

5BFD84F2-3D1A-4D62-B5DA-6502F11AD73F.jpeg

556A9399-DE57-4755-A331-141F49063ABF.jpeg

It may help if you can indicate in the pictures exactly where the leak is coming from with an arrow or circle.

That's an odd spot, because the design is for the water to flow off of the top lip. Are you sure that it wasn't just leaking there because the water was being sprayed at an upward angle?

Reactions: Daryl
Ok so an update. I was cleaning my Jeep yesterday and the part that goes around the door that has the two knobs to take off, was not sealed to the windshield correctly. I had a big rain yesterday and nothing yet but only time will tell.

Glad you found something that seems to work. That part is called the door surround. If you follow it down to where it meets the tub you should also have what’s called a mucket seal between the door surround and the tub.

Glad you found something that seems to work. That part is called the door surround.
I was thinking about putting a little dab of black silicon where the surround meets the windshield and the tub. I wont ever have to remove this for any reason but im not sure. If it continues to work im just not gonna mess with it.

The seal should be enough if it’s seated properly. I edited my post above to include looking for the mucket seal where the surround pin goes into the tub. Another way to make sure you are sealed up.

The seal should be enough if it’s seated properly. I edited my post above to include looking for the mucket seal where the surround pin goes into the tub. Another way to make sure you are sealed up.

Yea that was similar to my problem but i could move it forward and back. I made sure i pushed it all the forward and all the way down and so far so good but only time will tell.

So I thought i had fixed my problem 100% but I still have some rain in the passenger floorpan and rear passenger floor as well. Anyone else have anything i can check??

Hello, I would like to reopen the post because I have the same problem and I can't solve it. I changed the complete door seal but I still have water leakage at the softop seal area. What did you do then?

So I thought i had fixed my problem 100% but I still have some rain in the passenger floorpan and rear passenger floor as well. Anyone else have anything i can check??
Hello, I would like to reopen the post because I have the same problem and I can't solve it. I changed the complete door seal but I still have water leakage at the softop seal area. What did you do then?