Soft top suggestions

Last year I splurged and went for the Bestop Trektop NX twill. Expensive, but so far well worth the money. Easy instal, Cabin noise was reduced significantly, the flip back front portion is great, and the safari style with the 3 windows out is great as well. Even with a KargoMaster rack, I can slide the front portion back under the rack for the sun roof effect.

Reactions: BendLarry and FTI76
Around $600. With surrounds header and tailgate bar. Close to the Rampage price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I considered the Rampage when looking. But I found several complaints online from owners of their top. What turned me off completely was running into a guy installing one while I was picking up some diff parts. He was putting it on in the Sacramento summer heat and still broke two zippers. That and I am not a fan of the rear tie down straps outside the top.

Reactions: BendLarry
I watched two install videos today, one of the Rampage frameless top, one of the Bestop NX frameless. The Bestop looked a lot easier to install, better method of attaching the rear window, overall looked worth the price difference. A big plus was the folding sunrider front portion. I also don't care for the tie-down straps outside the top in the rear on the Rampage. I also hate those headers where you have to slide a plastic flap into a channel over the windshield. They are a PITA.

Last edited:
The PE top has the sunrider feature but I haven't used it. I only run it in for rainy weather, the bikini goes on when it's nice. It also screws to the window header so no sliding it on and off.

I ordered the Rampage. Thanks for the info and comments. As it turns out, my wife pointed out we have experience with the Rampage top on a rental and we took it off and put it back on. We liked the top, so that made the decision a little easier.

Reactions: brown_mule
I considered the Rampage when looking. But I found several complaints online from owners of their top. What turned me off completely was running into a guy installing one while I was picking up some diff parts. He was putting it on in the Sacramento summer heat and still broke two zippers. That and I am not a fan of the rear tie down straps outside the top.
I watched two install videos today, one of the Rampage frameless top, one of the Bestop NX frameless. The Bestop looked a lot easier to install, better method of attaching the rear window, overall looked worth the price difference. A big plus was the folding sunrider front portion. I also don't care for the tie-down straps outside the top in the rear on the Rampage. I also hate those headers where you have to slide a plastic flap into a channel over the windshield. They are a PITA.

I've only done the Bestop, but I can see where the outside rear straps would vibrate against the material if not tightened properly. Risk of damage helped shift me to Bestop.

I appreciate all the comments. I will do a review on the Rampage top next week. Keep in mind for our purposes the top will have limited use will never see a winter. Stay tuned [emoji4]

I appreciate all the comments. I will do a review on the Rampage top next week. Keep in mind for our purposes the top will have limited use will never see a winter. Stay tuned [emoji4]

Definitely watch the video @glwood posted it will make a big difference first time you install it. If it's not a warm day don't even bother you will only get frustrated and maybe break something. It will be super tight the first few times, once it stretches and conforms to the roll bars it will get much easier Don't use the foam door surround inserts until the top has time to stretch (they aren't really required anyway).

Last year I splurged and went for the Bestop Trektop NX twill. Expensive, but so far well worth the money. Easy instal, Cabin noise was reduced significantly, the flip back front portion is great, and the safari style with the 3 windows out is great as well. Even with a KargoMaster rack, I can slide the front portion back under the rack for the sun roof effect.

Do you have a picture of your jeep with the Trektop NX?

I'm trying to talk myself into getting one.

I am also very happy with my Trektop NX.

I really do not like the Rampage because they do not look like they are a tight fit and also the strap on the outside. Possible vibrations from wind I guess.

I have the Rampage and it fits very tight and the straps on the outside do not vibrate from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Around $600. With surrounds header and tailgate bar. Close to the Rampage price

But much better quality and made by Bestop.

Just check out the Rampage thread on the other forum. Countless issues with zippers and straps. It's been going on for years.

I've had my Sprint top for 3 or 4 years now and it's mint. Not a single issue. Super easy to remove windows, flip back sunroof, or take it all down.

But much better quality and made by Bestop.

Just check out the Rampage thread on the other forum. Countless issues with zippers and straps. It's been going on for years.

I've had my Sprint top for 3 or 4 years now and it's mint. Not a single issue. Super easy to remove windows, flip back sunroof, or take it all down.

I have read just about everything that can possibly exist on the internet. I'm not worried about the quality. I bought the sailcloth version and have personally put on and taken off a Rampage top. Will be here Monday!

Reactions: brown_mule
Sometimes it's hard to turn off a thread. We, as jeepers, are passionate about our rigs, so sometimes a thread will become self aware and keep going. We know you've made your decision, and we hope you'll keep us in the loop as to how that product treats you. Cheers!

Sometimes it's hard to turn off a thread. We, as jeepers, are passionate about our rigs, so sometimes a thread will become self aware and keep going. We know you've made your decision, and we hope you'll keep us in the loop as to how that product treats you. Cheers!
I only responded to his post because I wanted to address his concern about internet reviews. I wanted him to know I made an informed decision. Sorry to add one more post.....