Someguys 04

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Here are some from Etrailer that I think you could drill and put a rod thru like you were planning for your steel ramps.

https://www.etrailer.com/Car-Ramps/Stallion/288-07502.html

These ramps were setup similar to what you were talking about doing. I could slide them in or out depending on the width of what I was loading onto the trailer.

IMGP1956.jpg

They'd used a piece of pipe that the ramps slide on.

IMGP1955.jpg

Reactions: someguysjeep
OP
someguysjeep

someguysjeep

simple guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
i saw those. and not a bad price either, if i used aluminum they'd have to be stowed away out of site, around here they'll cut your trailer in 1/2 to steal the chain.

i looked on FB and found a nice set of 96" 10k's, but them suckers are way down by taylormade 3hrs each way, not quite worth it addin time and fuel. i'm keep gong as is and i'll keeps my eyes open for a come up.
i been lookin daily for some 1/8" aluminum sheet metal too, for my front compartment bottom.

those steel ramps i made, i'm cool with. i kinda wondered more about the opinion of 3, 1/2" tabs and 1" round holdin up,
but if put them on angles i can drill and plug weld the tabs from the back b4 welding 100% of the perimeter. kinda like a recovery point weld, then blast that 1/4" 2.5x2.5" angle to the 3x3 tube and call it good.

Reactions: Wildman
OP
someguysjeep

someguysjeep

simple guy
60" long ramp on a trailer that is built on top of 28 or 29" tires...Every time you load the jeep is practicing your wall climbin!

i'ma try and get it moved around some this wkemd, i need more room around it. i''l be pulling it forward or sideways so i can mock all that ramp stuff up on a hard flat surface. i'll get some pics of the angle.

Reactions: Wildman
OP
someguysjeep

someguysjeep

simple guy
finally sold those MC springs, that'll cover a new or repairing my old welding cart, mine blew a wheel, they all need upgraded. with a big bottle and 2 welder that carts gotta be 400#.
i also wanna pick up a soldering iron, haven't had need for 1 but with all the trailer wiring id like to melt some together.
working on tying in the brake wiring today and gonna try to move it some, to get at that rear end for the ramps.

about the decking.......anybody got an opinion about pine boards and linseed oil?