Something missing in passenger footwell

DWR

TJ Addict
First off I titled this the best/most descriptive way I could come up with.. sorry.

Anyway I have been experiencing the infamous passenger footwell water leak, but only when its raining fairly hard and I’m driving at least 55.
So I did the usual fix, took off the cowl, cleaned some stuff up and then blew out the drain… the odd thing was it wasn’t clogged AT ALL!

So I look over, and it looks like the water shield (or whatever it’s called) is missing/removed by a prior owner.

Can someone confirm this for me? Possibly tell me where to get one? Also maybe pics of what one looks like on a 97?

Thanks as always!
image.jpg

It’s the exact same as my ‘97. They didn’t come with any kind of cover in the early years. I put some weather proof sealing tape around the cowl/vent to keep water from seeping down around the area…

Reactions: SSTJ
It’s the exact same as my ‘97. They didn’t come with any kind of cover in the early years. I put some weather proof sealing tape around the cowl/vent to keep water from seeping down around the area…

Yep, I learned this the same way. My thread with same pic is lurking somewhere on this forum. I didn't bother giving it a cover, because the vents in the cowl should be blocked in the part directly over that area.

Edit: Yea, here is my thread. Also just added this thread to this one.

Reactions: DWR