Soundbar speaker help

Naterea77

I had one soundbar speaker not working at all and the other didn’t sound good at all. I switched them out today with new kicker speakers and the same side speaker is still out. Where else could the problem be?

Do you have the stock head unit or an aftermarket? Clearly there is problem in the wiring between the head unit and speakers. If it's an aftermarket head unit (radio), I'd start my checking how the unit wired in. When I installed my Sony unit, I was able to find an adapter so I didn't have to splice any wires, but I have had to cut off the stock plug and splice on a new plug to fit the head unit on other vehicles.

OR maybe the balance control shut off that side!

Yeah it’s after market. I put it in a few years ago ended up selling the Jeep but just got it back and noticed it not working. I will still check that out in case the previous owner messed around with it. Thanks for your reply

Trace the wire from the speaker back to the head unit. Since you were without the vehicle for some time, the wiring could have been pinched, come loose at a connection point or even water damage.

Also make sure the harness in the speaker pod is good.

If you give more details on your set-up we might be able to throw out more ideas.

Like is there an amplifier. Stock speaker wire? Any splices or are you using a metra compatible harness.

Check your 'balance' settings first. Hate to pull everything out when it's just a stupid twist of a knob or something. 🤔

This reminds me. One side of my soundbar wasn't working when I first got the Jeep. It was a speaker problem all right - as in, the speaker was completely missing! When I took the grille off that side, there wasn't anything there...

I got 2 new speakers to install, I installed and not working. I checked the fader and balance and nothing. I think its the radio but not sure. I even checked continuity